Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Modern Hunting is killing off the hunters >

Modern Hunting is killing off the hunters

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Modern Hunting is killing off the hunters

Old 12-20-2016, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I consider myself as a die-hard on the basis that myself and all my clothes are washed in scent free detergent. The clothes hang outside all season and in all weather. Rain does wonders for cleaning clothes I dress in my outer clothes where I park, walk to my stand, and sit there. But, I don't pass many deer.

I have a few on the wall and no desire to pay $400+ for another quality mount. That part lost its' appeal to me. Eating tenderloin, slim jims, and salami does. The knees still shake and heart beats harder when I see a nice one.

X2 on the poster who says "if done legal, then all is fine". Let each hunter enjoy the experience as they wish. My wish is to fill tags.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kidoggy
just being facetious but is not sitting in a stand or box "still" hunting???

hunting is the attempt to kill a game animal. if legal does it really matter how one does it.

my impression from talking to many "oltimers" over the years is that there was also an awful lot of poaching going on back then.

more then today? I cannot say.but 50 years ago it was fairly common practice for "the good-ol-boys", to overlook an infraction with a wink an nod.
yep, many of the same folks who preach ethics now, were not terribly ethical then.
Poaching back them is just how these kids hunt or want to hunt now. Their hunting motto is "Oh boo hoo why can't I..."
Old 01-01-2017, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
People who say there isn't any place to hunt aren't trying very hard. True there is a lot of private land but a little attempt at getting permission to hunt is something most have forgotten to do these days.
What I don't understand is people who DO HUNT constantly saying and thinking we NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO GET MORE PEOPLE, those people, out hunting.

I don't care if those people NEVER hunt, I'd prefer they didn't. Those people who don't hunt, you have to beg them, and change the rules of hunting to suit them before they will step off the road. I hope they never leave the living room.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Jack Ryan
What I don't understand is people who DO HUNT constantly saying and thinking we NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO GET MORE PEOPLE, those people, out hunting.

I don't care if those people NEVER hunt, I'd prefer they didn't. Those people who don't hunt, you have to beg them, and change the rules of hunting to suit them before they will step off the road. I hope they never leave the living room.
Your negative posts today regarding newbie hunters make it sound like you are in the running for party pooper of 2017, LOL!
Old 01-01-2017, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

Just BTDT. Happened to hit some topics that brought it out.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

.I still hunt if I,m in a blind and on stand.I sneak and stalk hunt when I am sneakin and stalkin.People need to quit following no brain journalist mag talk.The dope that would have ever used that stupid sayin never left his typewriter and actually hunted.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
No this is an extremely weird post. Cant get out of town. Undependable cars. Gonna hoist the BS flag on this.
That's because you don't know West Virginia.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jack Ryan

I tend to agree, to a point. problem with that thinking is, if we can't get new hunters in the field , the sport will die for us all.much better IMO, to try and teach all those that will learn.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Aside from being safe and legal, I have 2 quick ways to judge some ones intent. Getting up and being ready early and having the desire to accept the challenge of being out and handling the cold long term. If they don't start w/those 2 basic things, more important things won't follow.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kidoggy
I tend to agree, to a point. problem with that thinking is, if we can't get new hunters in the field , the sport will die for us all.much better IMO, to try and teach all those that will learn.
You don't save hunting by letting the rest of the world rule what you love and turn it in to golf.

New guys who say "How do I ..." yes. I'll help them all I can WHERE THEY HUNT.

New guys says "Why can't I..." meh. gee, I don't know. May you should take up golf.

Last edited by Jack Ryan; 01-06-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.