Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Waste of time hunting in the rain? >

Waste of time hunting in the rain?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Waste of time hunting in the rain?

Old 11-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nope - sometimes they feel more at ease.....................
Old 11-29-2016, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

It's just not fun in the rain. Interrupts my sleep.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:21 AM
Spike

This evening there is a big nice fallen tree im going to sit behind. I know they walk diagonal from the ridge down to the creek bottom i can see there tracks and it never fails past couple of days they've been coming that way. As far as where they are coming from. No idea
Old 11-30-2016, 10:23 AM
Banned

GOOD LUCK! are they still cutting wood?
Old 11-30-2016, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

Hunting success is a lot about persistence, even on the best days, odds are you will not kill a deer, but every time you are out there gives you a chance and sooner or later it will pay off.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:56 PM
Spike

Nope and trust me when I say how wet i was when that big monster chased the three spikes into the field and then hung out with a couple does until one walked off down the bottom to the apples. two of the spikes ran right for my tree one wet to the woods and one headed to the road.. I was in a tree line splitting two fields ... that big beautiful bastard,all of twelve points stopped short on me . eighty yards and he never came any closer. it was the end of bow season. There is no happy ending to my story except a positive answer to you question... go hunt
Old 12-01-2016, 02:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Been hunting deer for a really long time. Seems like every day I was hunting I learned some thing about deer. Also after hunting the same property at different times for 30 years I have rainy day solutions all figured out, I stay warm and dry. I see deer and they will lay down right under my blind some times and I have to stomp on the floor to get them to move. creachers of habit and will do the same trail day after day to go to feed and to go to bed. I have taken my chain saw and cut some cedar post during deer season then later in the day shot a buck following some does that were feeding on the tops. That chain saw is a dinner bell even if I am cutting in the hard woods they like the tops. Have never seen a buck but many a time a group of does will come right in and start feeding on tops as I am cutting fire wood and it is only like September not even a tough winter.

Some of my stay dry condos.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 12-01-2016 at 02:31 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:23 PM
Spike

My favorite hunting weather is light rain and mild temps.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Some of the best hunting is right after or during the light rain after the heavy stuff , hopefully it rains hard and keeps them bedded down at night , wet ground gets you in quietly increasing your chances, also tracks are all new , I'll be there ,good luck n God bless