Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trespassers!!!!!

Old 11-28-2016, 12:25 PM
Spike

Default Trespassers!!!!!

Was sitting over a thicket on a small hill, this place looks awesome. Two corn fields to my left, one about 200 yards and another probably 40 yards. Then three more behind me. As I was sitting there a truck drove down the road, I could hear it but not see it. Finally it goes to another field and four people get out. I picked up my Nikons checked them out. They were putting on a drive. It had been a slow morning and I thought this was a good way to get deer on their feet. After a unsuccessful hunt, they loaded up to leave. This truck pulls over and they get back out. They moved in on me, plus this is private area. When they got closer I noticed all four had beers in their hands. One man was 50 yards from me, the other was 75. After what felt like a eternity, they left. I decided to try and cut them off at the road to let them know they were on private ground. I got up to leave and tried to do it as silent as I could. I turned around and one individual had his gun out, looking through the scope at me.. I got down off the hill and got to my truck. When I drove over to where their truck was they were gone.

That same day before the trespassers I had a guy road hunting. Its a public road, but this guy was stopping and looking over on our farm side. Next day I counted six times, the same truck/road hunter. No wonder I never saw deer there this weekend there. This place has everything, also have four big scrapes in a row. I will have to kill this buck in the fall during bow season.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Only one way to deal with the road hunter is to turn him in. same with the trespassers. get the plate number on there truck and possible a picture of it on private property.
Some are going to tell you to confront them and try talking to them.
Well don't.
(1. they are drinking.
(2. they have no problem looking at you thru a fire arm scope.

Be so easy for the slobs to shoot you and call it a hunting accident. Just call the law and let them handle it.

I tried the talking to them bit, and they were sober and only them getting a huge fine stopped them in their tracks.

Al
Old 11-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

What ^^^ he said!
Old 11-28-2016, 02:46 PM
Banned

probably better advise then the ol standard ,SSS.
Old 11-28-2016, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

The road guy didn't shoot any of the times you mentioned so he may just be honestly looking.if I see game I'll stop and watch them but the tress passers probably didn't belong on the first property either , unfortunately most of us work and are weekend warriors so people steal or game during the week, I just got pictures of 2 people carrying 2 heavy bags and ones walking with a hunting knife in hand ,post and invite your local warden to watch for them, good luck
Old 11-28-2016, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been known to drive and look for deer.
Then if I see one, stop and ask permission to try.
All they can say is, no.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:33 PM
Spike

I go look at deer too, in the spring and summer, not in the middle of gun season.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Road hunting is Illegal in Michigan. If they are slowly driving down the road and see a decent deer most will jump out and shoot. Have had it happen at my UP deer camp. 100 yards across a cranberry bog next to the road then cedar swamp where I was in a blind. They missed the running buck and I had bullets whizzing thru the cedars near me. I went right out and called the county sheriff. Thing is there is about 6000 acres of federal land near by about a 1/2 mile from where I was. But it isn't easy to hunt You need to cross cranberry bogs to get to the high ground. Is worth it though we have gotten some really good bucks out of there.

Nip it in the bud before they miss the deer and shoot you.

Al
Old 11-29-2016, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

it's amazing how many people drink and drive while "hunting" iv'e seen people putting beer in their coat pockets heading out to a tree stand in 20 degree weather unbelievable !! when i go hunting i park my truck and walk from my camp i know sometimes that's not always possible but it's unbelieveable how lazy people are. i have resisted buying a four wheeler for years now but realize they can be a great tool for scouting and game retrieval but i think people just get too comfortable.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

Man?! A lot of illegal acts occurring in one area! I don't know about IN, but here in MS, Road hunting, really just having a gun out of it's case loaded in a vehicle is flat out illegal. Also, drinking alcohol while hunting or in possession of a gun wouldn't go too well with a game warden or the county's sheriff dept. either. I'd go ahead and call the game warden or sheriff dept. and get a report started on both the trespassers and road hunter. Then when you catch them in the act, just give law enforcement a call and hope they catch them to give them a hefty fine!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.