Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

So Far - So So

Old 11-20-2016, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default So Far - So So

Drought continues. Just passed 60 days without rain. Zero food plots. Brittle browse. Plenty of acorns though. White , chestnut, water and burr oak's acorns are falling like crazy! Bagged 3 fat does and passed several decent bucks. Hope the acorns are still there when I get back Nov. 30.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:06 AM
Typical Buck

We had about .7 inches of rain Friday, which was a blessing. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything this weekend, although I heard plenty of gunshots.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slow season for us as well. I didn't hunt early this year as I am tired of hunting in the heat so I didn't start till mid Oct. Passed several does the last few weeks as they where moving fast so was expecting a buck to be chasing but nothing. So will see how the next few weeks go, my boys are done with soccer now so got more time to get in the woods, and yes tons of acorns this year.