Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Welcome Back Buck

Old 11-18-2016, 03:07 PM
Spike

Default Welcome Back Buck

Hello all on this Forum, it has been over 3 years since I was last here and active on the site. I took a couple of years off from hunting after loosing the passion that once motivated me to enjoy the woods and hunting both Whitetail Deer and Wild Turkey. My user name then was Doetrain, if any are still here who knew me then I want to say hello and I hope you have all been and are well.
I have had the best season of all since hunting again this year, I have seen more and bigger Bucks than I had in previous seasons. So it has helped me enjoy Deer hunting once again. The Buck I was blessed with is the best I have ever harvested, I will save the story for another post or on going interest in how he came to be my best ever.
So for now here is my 2016 Gun Season Buck which I am truly grateful to the Creator for making and challenging us who hunt these incredible animals. See Album, Steve's Buck
Sorry I could not get the picture to upload, not sure why. Any help would be appreciated, I have tried and can only get them to upload in my Album. Can you add them to a post from your Album?

Last edited by HoosierGuy; 11-26-2016 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see You back at Hunting and here on Hunting Net.Sometimes it's best to take a break and relax a little...the last few years have been stressful for Me too.....I took a little break and made things less complicated,it gives You a different out look on everything and helps a Person enjoy the simple things in Life!
Old 11-19-2016, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

On your post hit "Manage Attachments"---> "Browse"---> Select the photo from your computer---> Hit "Upload" and allow the picture to upload.

Hope that helps... I looked through your album and there were multiple nice bucks there so I wasn't sure which one you wanted uploaded.
-Jake
Old 11-19-2016, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

HG,
There is more than one way to post an image. In your message box where you type, there is a yellow box with what looks like mountains next to the last item which is the "quote" box. Every image in your album has a url, or "image address." The easiest way is to go to your album and right click on the photo and select "copy image address." Now go to your message box here where you type, and click on the yellow box that will say "insert image" when you scroll over it. Click on it and paste your image address in it and hit ok. It's as simple as that. It will embed right into your post.

If this is the one, he's a good one:

C. Davis

Last edited by C. Davis; 11-19-2016 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:16 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
On your post hit "Manage Attachments"---> "Browse"---> Select the photo from your computer---> Hit "Upload" and allow the picture to upload.

Hope that helps... I looked through your album and there were multiple nice bucks there so I wasn't sure which one you wanted uploaded.
-Jake
Thanks, he is the best I have ever shot was very excited to get him.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

That's an extremely nice animal ,congratulations and I hope your blessed in and outta the woods, look forward to the story
Old 11-23-2016, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a beautiful deer
Old 11-24-2016, 12:33 PM
Spike

Default Very Blessed

Thank you for your kind comments everyone, this is the best buck I have ever harvested in my short hunting career. The first year I hunted I was Bow hunting the 5th. of December 2008, and had a great morning shooting a 7 Point buck at 13 yards on the ground standing by a root ball. It hooked me as you can imagine. Would not shoot another buck until 2012 with my ML, but failed to find it after looking for 2 days. Passed on two 8 pointers smaller than the one I shot.
I gave up hunting in 2014 and took a break, this year was my first time in the woods since quitting. That is why I named it the Welcome Back Buck, it has been a great season thus far because of this fine Buck, my best so far.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:35 PM
Spike

Lightbulb

Yes this is my Buck from this season, thanks for putting him up. The other Bucks in my Album are friends Bucks taken this season.

The story behind harvesting this Buck is one that taught me some new reasons for being in the stand as much as possible. I had choked on a real nice Buck the tall one in my album which my hunting buddy's son Cory shot the day after our gun opener. I don't hunt on Sunday mornings because I strive to be faithful to Christ my Lord and commit to His worship each week.
The big Buck I messed up on was shot while I was at church. So Monday I got back in my stand high on a ridge and was hoping to see another nice Buck and try to get it done this time. After sitting in my stand for 5 hours I saw the Buck I shot go into a bedding area near by. He was tending a big Doe, so I left and decided due to a bad wind not to hunt in that area that evening. The bedding area he and the Doe went in at was the same one the big Buck I chocked on came out of. On Tuesday morning I got on an opposite ridge behind the bedding area which offered few clear shots. But the spot where all these nice Bucks and Does were entering the bedding area had a clear shot from the other ridge.
I got about 50 yards from the back of the bedding area with a good wind in my face, I was on the ground and about 40 feet above a the creek bed they came out of. The Doe exited first very cautious and then the Buck 5 or so minutes later. He exposed himself for a rear neck and shoulder shot, my shooting sticks were right were they needed to be, all I had to do was pull the hammer back set the cross hairs and fire. The 250 grain power belt went in his left rear flank down the center of his body cavity taking our many vitals. He went 25 yards and pilled up in the bedding area and was mine.
I had aimed at the back of his lower neck and shoulder area but when he leveled off where the Doe has his front legs were lower that his rear, so the bullet hit him in the rear but had the same affect doing great damage to his vitals, no gut shot though. And that's how he was taken by me. If I had not been in that stand and seen him enter I would have never changed my position like I did to the other ridge. The information and thus the decision to redeploy was a good on.

Last edited by HoosierGuy; 11-24-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 03:21 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by blessed n born to hunt
That's an extremely nice animal ,congratulations and I hope your blessed in and outta the woods, look forward to the story
He's not the biggest Buck in the world but I think he is a good looking animal with good classic whitetail looks. I almost regret shooting him being such a great looking Buck, but I'm thankful for the honor of being the one who harvested him. He sure made my day a great one, I can't deny it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.