Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rechargable Hand Warmers

Old 11-15-2016, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default Rechargable Hand Warmers

Anyone have some and tried them. Good, bad, ok??
Old 11-15-2016, 07:26 AM
Spike

Never heard of them...I used disposable hand warmers only...
Old 11-15-2016, 07:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nope, I use hot hands2, I got a case for Christmas about 5 years ago and I have enough left for many years. Open them shake them up and stick them in my coat pocket before I leave home and by the time I arrive at my hunting spot they are nice and toasty. I take a couple of extra because you never know if you got a dud and you can carry a lot of them without taking up much room in the day pack or pocket. I hate gloves so my hands are in my pockets, warm until I need them. A long time ago I tried electric hunting socks, they were crap, I doubt I would ever use clothing that needs batteries to work again.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Nope, I use hot hands2, I got a case for Christmas about 5 years ago and I have enough left for many years. Open them shake them up and stick them in my coat pocket before I leave home and by the time I arrive at my hunting spot they are nice and toasty. I take a couple of extra because you never know if you got a dud and you can carry a lot of them without taking up much room in the day pack or pocket. I hate gloves so my hands are in my pockets, warm until I need them.
I agree with every word of this. Hot Hands and pockets. Go forth and slay the mighty whitetail.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

Heck these electric ones can even be use to charge ur phone on stand.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

That may be fine for those who play with their phones on stand, I don't I am on stand to hunt and my phone is turned off unless I need help.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

I was just thinking if someone uses a lot of them in the long run they would be cheaper. Heck I would use mine in the winter when I have recess duty here at school. I go out everyday unless it is below 32.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:57 AM
Spike

In Vermont we have no choice. Last weekend we were blessed with a Sunday with morning temperatures from 30 to 40. 25-33 in the mountain where I hunt. Saturday was about 22 for the whole morning. This week got really warm (50's) but haven't had a chance to go out; next week we are expecting temperatures below freezing and a snowstorm.

Nothing like a good pair of gloves for the cold days. For days with temps around the 40's, no gloves necessary. I am a total noob at deer hunting, but from winter sports experience, a good pair of gloves will keep your hands warm no matter what.

I know shooting with big gloves can be a pain. So liner style gloves and hand warmers in the pockets is a great idea. Those rechargeable gloves are super bulky, and trust me with that amount of money you can buy some really nice leather and gore-tex gloves. Gloves that would keep your hands warm at temps below -20.

Last edited by entropy4money; 11-15-2016 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Parrot Head
Heck these electric ones can even be use to charge ur phone on stand.
Why would you take a phone into the stand? If I wanted to play with a phone I'd stay at home. Turn the thing off and pay attention to nature. If nature bores you so much you need a phone then you need a different hobby than hunting.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Wonder if not even having a phone in the house at home had some thing to do with great grand dad getting so many bucks back in the day where there were few around to get.
Having nothing to play with he hunted.

Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.