Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

(*&^%$ Wolves

Old 10-26-2016, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Michigan had one season on wolves. The DNR turned in to a money pit for them selves sold 100 permits but after 50 wolves were shot all hunting was done, screw the other 50 permit holders.

Don't care if they every have another season on them, I subscribe to the SSS method and don't even tell your wife or best bud. Wife may squeal if she divorces and best bud may when he starts dating your x wife. Remember it is SSS.

Al
Old 10-26-2016, 04:11 AM
Dominant Buck

You want to see wolf tracks go to the Kenora/ Dryden area of northern Ontario. They must roam all night..always fresh tracks. Kill a deer and the eagles and wolves are on the gut pile within a few hours.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 10-26-2016 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default Theyre back

Wolves were back in a big way Saturday evening came within 100 yards of my Buddy and less than that with my brother I was about 600 yards away sounded really cool to me but made buddy and brother quite nervous deer were not happy at all either
Old 10-31-2016, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

HH
I hunt in northern Mn, in a heavy wolf area, for deer. We have found that the wolves make it through our area about every 10 to 12 days and when they do the deer get scarce for a couple of day before the deer activity picks up. Good luck and I am hoping another wolf season soon.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Mathmatically and in reality, Coyotes and bears kill far more deer per year in WI (and many other states) than wolves, yet no matter where it is, wolves get the blame.

Anyone ever ask yourself why that is?
Old 11-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

I have found where there are wolves there are not any coyotes ! we have had both in the area, when wolves are around the coyotes are gone --Yes bears do a number on fawns I agree with that-- I know but can you tell me what a kill sight looks like from wolves and then from coyotes ?
Old 11-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

The back to nature types have this vision of mankind and animals living in harmony, some sort of perfect balance that only exists in their minds.

They show these videos of humans snuggling up to Wolves, dogs playing with kittens and all sorts of anomalies that they portray as normal.

You stop hunting Wolves and eventually they are going to loose their fear of mankind and bad things are going to happen.

Ask the Russians, in the interior the men go to work and the women work the fields. They take the kids with them. Kids get snatched up on occasion by a Wolf looking for an easy meal.

This is what can happen if things get to far out of balance.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2...siberia-regio/
Old 11-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Hatfield Hunter
I have found where there are wolves there are not any coyotes ! we have had both in the area, when wolves are around the coyotes are gone --Yes bears do a number on fawns I agree with that-- I know but can you tell me what a kill sight looks like from wolves and then from coyotes ?
If the wolves kill the coyotes, and mathematically coyotes kill more deer than wolves, isn't that a net gain in deer??

Read up on famous elk killer Aldo Leopold and his opinion of wolves vs. what he actually found to be true about their effect on the elk. Pretty interesting stuff. Some of his works, especially The Good Oak chapter of Sand County Almanac should be required reading for all hunters safety classes.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
Michigan had one season on wolves. The DNR turned in to a money pit for them selves sold 100 permits but after 50 wolves were shot all hunting was done, screw the other 50 permit holders.

Don't care if they every have another season on them, I subscribe to the SSS method and don't even tell your wife or best bud. Wife may squeal if she divorces and best bud may when he starts dating your x wife. Remember it is SSS.

Al
100% agreed!!!!!!!! Few are believers in the SSS method. Mobsters oath!!!!
Old 11-04-2016, 02:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

The thing with wolves is they don't just kill fawns, they kill adult deer.

One wolf needs 20 deer a year. How many wolves do we now have? Certainly more than DNR's estimate of some 600. Lets say, for the sake of argument 1000. That's 20,000 deer gone just here on the U.P. of Michigan.

Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.