Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What do I need to do to get started crossbow hunting in Northwest Florida? >

What do I need to do to get started crossbow hunting in Northwest Florida?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do I need to do to get started crossbow hunting in Northwest Florida?

Old 10-23-2016, 07:44 AM
Spike

Default What do I need to do to get started crossbow hunting in Northwest Florida?

I recently got stationed in the Pensacola area and I don't know much of the areas around or regulations for them. Florida seems like a very confusing state to hunt in and I'm just wondering where to go and what to do in regards to hunting this area. Any help would be awesome and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was stationed in P/Cola for 4 years. The state isn't at all confusing to hunt in. Go to the FWC page and look at the regs. There is a huge amount of public land to hunt in that area: Perdido River WMA, Escambia River WMA, Blackwater Forest WMA etc... You can also hunt on Eglin AFB if you're military. Each WMA has its own rules but they are easily understood so I'm not sure where your confusion comes from.

I used to live off Mobile Hwy less than 2 miles from the AL line and I hunted Perdido River WMA every year and I took bucks off it every year. I also got to know a guy in Okaloosa County that let me hunt over by Laurel Hill. The deer aren't big but you can take a number of them.