Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Screwed up for life

Old 09-22-2016, 03:21 PM
Spike

Default Screwed up for life

30 years ago I met a woman who convinced me to marry her. I made the life-long foolish decision to get married...on November 5, the traditional deer opener in Texas.

Half my family couldn't make it (run leases and expected to be there for pre-opening dinner at the lease) and forget about anniversaries.

I love my wife almost as much as my truck and she's been understanding over the years but has anyone else screwed up like this?
Old 09-22-2016, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

NO< single and happy here LOL
as they say lack of planning can get you later in life!
OH well, lots of worse things in life to worry about,
I wouldn';t sweat missing an opening day to be honest, well for the right woman! wrong one?? HAHA< well, she'd be waiting a few days for an anniversary !
Old 09-22-2016, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

I lost a hunting buddy to a tragic accident. He got his finger stuck in a ring.

Truth is, my wife is awesome about my hunting and fishing love. She even fishes now.

I am going for a three day pronghorn trip tomorrow. She is in favor of it.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Nope, can't say I'd make that mistake.
-Jake
Old 09-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe you should renew your vows in June. And celebrate your anniversary then!!
Old 09-23-2016, 05:33 AM
Typical Buck

any moron who does that deserves the headaches here is another-- my brother had a child on opening day of rifle season, gotta say my wife is great about ne hunting she is happy to have me outta the house
Old 09-23-2016, 06:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Never had that problem. I hunt or fish every day of the year depending on season. Luckily nothing ever is scheduled during our rifle opener but in reality when every day is chasing something a day or two missing it wouldn't be the end of the world. This year due to bad luck I am going to be recuperating from heart bypass surgery when bow season hits in 2 weeks and won't be able to shoot a long gun come the rifle opener a month later. I never missed an opener in all these years so I am not going to stress about it. I'll live vicariously through my friends and family. Good luck to all.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope, got married in June. My only problem is my birthday, my sons, and my father in laws birthdays are the 20th, 23rd, and 24th of November. Then you got thanks giving. So I can manage to get out of the house for my birthday but not the rest and it is November.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I married my German wife on Hitlers Birthday. Every year I comment on it and every year I get the same dirty look.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hookeye
Marriage never affected deer season.
Maybe why I'm no longer married.

I owe the deer a big thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.