Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

only does on my trail camera

Old 09-15-2016, 06:08 PM
Spike

Default only does on my trail camera

So ok in Arkansas and it is legal to feed I have had my camera up two weeks and haven't seen a single buck on it. When I picked it up today should í abandon my feeder and set up somewhere else or is there a way to get bucks there I haven't seen a single rub or scrape im in southwest Arkansas Clark co any advice anyone oh and season opens next weekend

Last edited by jose20kay; 09-15-2016 at 06:29 PM. Reason: mis spelling
Old 09-15-2016, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jose20kay
So ok in Arkansas and it is legal to feed I have had my camera up two weeks and haven't seen a single buck on it. When h picked it up today should í abandon my feeder and set up somewhere else or is there a way to get bucks there h hacendados seen a single rub or scrape un in southwest atiendas Clark co any advice anyone
Just keep feeding the does.
When its time for the rut the bucks will be there.
The rut is not to far away.
Good Luck.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Hunt the doe, the buck will show up when they start chasing!
-Jake
Old 09-15-2016, 06:30 PM
Spike

Season starts the 24th so the ruts still about a month out
Old 09-16-2016, 01:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Other than going to that location to feed the doe, or hunt them, I would stay clear of that area to minimize scent presence and pressure. As jrbsr suggested, you could reap big success when the rut arrives. The more you approach that area when unnecessary, the more the breeding is likely to go nocturnal as the rut does kick in.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

As Everyone mentioned.....if there are Doe's nearby the Bucks will show up if they aren't too pressured.Are You Bow Hunting or Rifle Hunting?
Old 09-18-2016, 10:48 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
As Everyone mentioned.....if there are Doe's nearby the Bucks will show up if they aren't too pressured.Are You Bow Hunting or Rifle Hunting?
Bow hunting and í wanted to capitalize on the early start my first bow hunt but Ive practised a lot

Last edited by jose20kay; 09-18-2016 at 10:49 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 09-18-2016, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Find acorns....preferably white oaks (rounded lobes on the leaves) that is probably where your bucks are or will be soon.

Ive got a new property I haven't found the bucks on either. I'm sure they are there sometimes you can literally move your camera 50 yards and go from no bucks to getting almost every buck on the property.

The best buck on my hunting properties......you can get 10 pictures of him in two weeks pointing the camera down the slope from a heavy trail then turn the camera to the trail on the same tree and not get a single picture of him all season.

In the summer mature buck beds stand out. They are big,have large clumpy droppings, and often smell. Two years ago I located a big mature bucks bed by smell. It was sept and I took a buddy with me to setup a new stand and I told him I could smell a big buck, we set the stand and sure enough as we were leaving he stood up, he had been laying there watching us. I put up a camera 15-20 yards from him pointing the camera away from the bed where I thought I'd get pictures of him coming in and out and never got a picture of him I killed him that November(post rut) heading to that same bed. It was a nearly 10 year old buck that had been giving me the slip for years. No trails,rubs,scrapes etc. Just an old loner laying there by himself.

Now my point is not to go around the woods sniffing out bucks but too pay attention to all the details in food,cover,terrain,tracks,beds, and even smell. It often won't be the obvious that gets you on the big bucks. The vast majority of the obvious is done by doe, young bucks,and/or in the dark.

Last edited by rockport; 09-19-2016 at 04:47 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:07 PM
Spike

The bucks sometimes don't get crazy enough to come by the feedere until the rut. I've been feeding since July and just 2 days ago saw the two most impressive bucks I've ever had on my property.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

Like everyone else said, where there are does, there will be bucks. It's also a good idea to stay out of the area as much as possible until the rut begins so the deer won't pick up your scent and begin avoiding the area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.