HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Who would signup, and actually participate in a 2016 Firearm Contest? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/408120-who-would-signup-actually-participate-2016-firearm-contest.html)

jrbsr 08-07-2016 08:27 AM

Who would signup, and actually participate in a 2016 Firearm Contest?

Who would signup, and actually participate?

TN Lone Wolf 08-07-2016 08:34 AM

TN Lone Wolf 08-07-2016 08:36 AM

Sorry, I somehow missed the poll.

flags 08-07-2016 11:25 AM

All I hunt is does for meat. As such contests like these hold no interest for me. I'll pass.

Topgun 3006 08-07-2016 11:27 AM

I'll also pass because I don't believe in hunting contests!

cb123 08-10-2016 06:07 PM

Im in if you have one. While I am not a trophy hunter it just could add a little more excitement. Some have said they arent interested in a contest but I dont see why no matter what size animal you kill it should be something your proud of. Regardless if it is a spike (where legal) or a world record if your proud enough to harvest it than there should be no pride issues to enter it into a simple contest for fun...

grinder67 08-11-2016 05:09 AM

I also will pass. competition is not what I believe hunting to be about

Topgun 3006 08-11-2016 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by cb123 (Post 4268771)
Im in if you have one. While I am not a trophy hunter it just could add a little more excitement. Some have said they arent interested in a contest but I dont see why no matter what size animal you kill it should be something your proud of. Regardless if it is a spike (where legal) or a world record if your proud enough to harvest it than there should be no pride issues to enter it into a simple contest for fun...

Very simple! Plenty of antis visit sites like this and all that contests do IMHO is give them more ammo against us. Any of us can post a picture on here of what we bring home with really no need to have any kind of competition.

grinder67 08-12-2016 05:14 AM

I am proud and grateful for every animal I harvest (not to mention a little sad at the taking of its life) A contest would do nothing to further my enjoyment of the outdoors! Not that anyone needs my approval but I have no problem with others that choose to enter in a friendly contest

Oldtimr 08-12-2016 06:00 AM

That is how I feel. Harvesting the animal is the reward I do not need another prize. Wining a contest doesn't make the winner a better hunter than the others competing, it is more a matter of luck, so why a prize for being lucky? I have seen too many times where people have done things that were unlawful and or unethical to win hunting contests. I am not indicating anyone here would do that to win, I am just telling what has led me to my opinion on hunting contests.