Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Who would signup, and actually participate in a 2016 Firearm Contest? >

Who would signup, and actually participate in a 2016 Firearm Contest?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: Who Would Who would signup, and actually participate in a 2016 Contest Gun Deer ?
Yes Sign Me Up, I Will Be There To The End
66.67%
Heck NO
14.29%
I will think about it
9.52%
No Don't Even Have It is a waist of time
14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Who would signup, and actually participate in a 2016 Firearm Contest?

Old 09-14-2016, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

It Doesn't Look Like There Is Enaugh People Interested In Having A 2016 Deer Firearm Contest This Year.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jrbsr
It Doesn't Look Like There Is Enaugh People Interested In Having A 2016 Deer Firearm Contest This Year.
Just a suggestion, Why don't you just have a singles competition?

Maybe something to build on.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Even the bowhunting contest has no interest.
Where is everyone at?
Old 09-21-2016, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

These contests used to be really popular. With tons of participation. I don't know why they've dropped off... Seemingly in the last three years if my memory is correct. But I agree. If there's only a few interested it's not worth having a regular competition. Maybe somebody can come up with an idea to still have some type of competition that will draw more people in.
-Jake
Old 09-21-2016, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

Just read through this thread. It happens over and over. When someone posts something or suggest something we have the same people come on here and give their opinion. That's fine, but once you've told us no need to keep telling us. Your right the contest were great a few years ago. With that being said you can see who most of the negative posters are on here, but they continue to just spewing crap out of their mouths. These few have run everyone off. They're tired of all the stupid stuff certain people on here speak of on a daily basis. If you post something up or show a pic on here now get ready to get bashed or for them to tell you that it was done wrong. This forum used to be good but in the last couple years has went to hell in a hand basket!!!
You want to bring people back? You want the crowd you used to have, get rid of the negative, obnoxious, know-it-alls that have nothing but sarcasm to reply to any post.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:26 PM
Fork Horn

Who would signup, and actually participate?
It is almost a given, if I join a contest I wont see a single legal deer
Old 09-29-2016, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by turkey harvester
Just read through this thread. It happens over and over. When someone posts something or suggest something we have the same people come on here and give their opinion. That's fine, but once you've told us no need to keep telling us. Your right the contest were great a few years ago. With that being said you can see who most of the negative posters are on here, but they continue to just spewing crap out of their mouths. These few have run everyone off. They're tired of all the stupid stuff certain people on here speak of on a daily basis. If you post something up or show a pic on here now get ready to get bashed or for them to tell you that it was done wrong. This forum used to be good but in the last couple years has went to hell in a hand basket!!!
You want to bring people back? You want the crowd you used to have, get rid of the negative, obnoxious, know-it-alls that have nothing but sarcasm to reply to any post.

Agree 100%. Most of the folks that use to enter here have since left for other forums and all of them that I still talk to said its because of the negative nancys that are always trying to find a way to argue or put something you do down instead of just answering their questions with knowledge based answers. I still come for the entertainment value lol. Still I miss how popular this site use to be.

Last edited by kellyguinn; 09-29-2016 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

I like how the question was "who would sign up for and participate in the contest" and then the first couple responses are from people who vehemently oppose contests and would not sign up. Maybe they should start a new thread asking "who opposes contests" so they can all post there and agree with each other.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:07 AM
Bartender

bowhunting.com forums.bowhunting.com exact link.
Even the bowhunting contest has no interest.
Where is everyone at?
Old 11-07-2016, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry I saw the cotes talk and assumed yall were talking about the buck contest on the 4th by taco casa and the ranch radio. I enjoy hunting and friendly competition,and prize or no prize I will be proud and thankful for my animal and gladly compare it to others and of course I'd like to think that putting in the time and dedication, passing on a nice buck is hard to do but shooting the big guy that was following behind him makes it all worth while, count me in for the fun.bless yall and be safe