Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Who would signup, and actually participate in a 2016 Firearm Contest? >

Who would signup, and actually participate in a 2016 Firearm Contest?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: Who Would Who would signup, and actually participate in a 2016 Contest Gun Deer ?
Yes Sign Me Up, I Will Be There To The End
66.67%
Heck NO
14.29%
I will think about it
9.52%
No Don't Even Have It is a waist of time
14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Who would signup, and actually participate in a 2016 Firearm Contest?

Old 08-12-2016, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by cb123
Im in if you have one. While I am not a trophy hunter it just could add a little more excitement. Some have said they arent interested in a contest but I dont see why no matter what size animal you kill it should be something your proud of. Regardless if it is a spike (where legal) or a world record if your proud enough to harvest it than there should be no pride issues to enter it into a simple contest for fun...
Because this is your first post on the forum, I'll decline answering in my normal way. You are misguided if you think anyone on this forum isn't proud of any animal taken. What we don't want to see is a situation where an animal is considered "inferior" to another animal based solely on how it looks.

I personally cherish every animal taken and believe that wild game is a special gift to be prized no matter what it looks like and I will not subject any animal taken by myself to be judged by anyone but me.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

I'm one of the heck nos.

I don't consider hunting to be a competition sport.

Would do shooting competitions.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not a trophy hunter either, I shoot the first thing that comes along and will fill my freezer and I have great respect for every animal I take, even the squirrels. Now if this were a contest with real prizes and stuff like that then hell no, I dont condone that kind of crap. But seriously, when you are out in the woods about to shoot that trophy buck or that young doe are you really going to give a rats ass about some little contest on this forum. Geez! It's just for fun,I dont see anything disrespectful about it.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

I believe the contest are all in fun. It is just for bragging rights and gives folks a reason to be involved with their team. Maybe meet folks that they other wise won't. So I vote yes. Its always a fun time win or lose. If anything the trash talking normally brings us all together and gives those that are not on here much a reason to show up more and share their experiences.

Last edited by kellyguinn; 08-15-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Very simple! Plenty of antis visit sites like this and all that contests do IMHO is give them more ammo against us. Any of us can post a picture on here of what we bring home with really no need to have any kind of competition.
Every person has their reason for doing things. To me, it's about sharing a camraderie.(It's true a picture can accomplish this without a contest) My values or methods don't change for these contests but your decision is understood and respected. As far as anti's go, most will be against hunting w/or w/o a picture, IMO. If things don't improve this year, I'll stick w/pictures only, thereafter. I'll give a go 1 more time.

Last edited by Game Stalker; 09-21-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
I'll also pass because I don't believe in hunting contests!
Oh, they exist. Trust me, they're real. We have a pretty good one in the small game forum every year for squirrel. It's a fun group of hunters!

If you have it I'll join and I voted for it in the poll. However, based on the recent years involvement, I'd understand if you chose not to set it up. It's allot of work to have few sign up, or people sign up and then disappear.
-Jake
Old 08-18-2016, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in if you choose to have it. I always enjoy the stories and seeing how people do.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Oh, they exist. Trust me, they're real. We have a pretty good one in the small game forum every year for squirrel. It's a fun group of hunters!

If you have it I'll join and I voted for it in the poll. However, based on the recent years involvement, I'd understand if you chose not to set it up. It's allot of work to have few sign up, or people sign up and then disappear.
-Jake
Huh? I know they exist and every time the question comes up I will continue to state my objection to them, regardless of whether there is a prize involved or not! It's the same way with some people on this and other sites I visit that know exactly how many animals of a certain kind they've killed over the years. Who cares and why keep count? God knows how many deer and other critters I've killed in 6 decades of hunting and I learned 60+ years ago when I started with Dad that killing is not the end all of why we go out.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is nothing at all wrong with a hunting contest and more importantly advocating that hunters quit doing something that is perfectly fine and legal to appease anti hunters is insanity......Doing that is what fuels anti hunters not the other ways around.

If you want to have a contest by all means have a contest.

Last edited by rockport; 08-29-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:20 PM
Spike

I would gladly be involved with this contest. Sign me up. Maybe this year a deer with actual horns will walk out in front of me. so far my count is 6 kills with nary a horn. If not no worries it is still unaltered and all natural meat to feed my family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.