Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Do you prefer hunting from blinds or treestands? >

Do you prefer hunting from blinds or treestands?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you prefer hunting from blinds or treestands?

Old 09-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Something is strange, that is the 2nd new poster who posted a verbatim statement by another poster.
All his other posts are the same way... I'm going to send a PM, just to make sure he understands how the forum works. It will likely end in a ban for spamming...
-Jake
Old 09-10-2017, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good call and good eye, Jake.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

He continued his reposting of others comments this morning and never replied to my PM, so he's been banned for spamming. Interesting way of going about it though. Not sure what he gained from that.
-Jake
Old 09-11-2017, 02:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Could be an anti who just wanted to aggravate or a kid with nothing better to do.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jared Allen hunting with spear. Start at 9:00.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:17 AM
Spike

I don't have a treestand because I'm a newbie and don't have that much money in my hunting budget. However, I'd like to try it. For now I don't even use a blind. Just shoot off a wooden platform at deer at the cornpile.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:49 AM
Spike

Depends on the ground i'm hunting. Would prefer to be up in a tree at all times if possible. Just for viewpoint advantage. However, some pieces of land don't offer that option.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

Depends on time of year. A ladder stand or something like, gives you lots of visibiity that a blind or tower stand does not, especially if you have small windows.

But I have become a puss. I like to be able to move around, and I like to be out of elements.

I did build one platform, where I put sides on it, and draped a burlap like sack in front of me, allowing for some movement.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

As for hunting with a spear. I don't care what a guy does. You could argue there will be wounded deer. But people hunt that don't practice with their rifles or bows.

You want to, knock yourself out.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rafsob
We call the posting. Still hunting is walking in the woods and stalking.
I dunno. I get your point. But walking awhile and sitting awhile, is different than using a blind or posting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.