Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Do you prefer hunting from blinds or treestands? >

Do you prefer hunting from blinds or treestands?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you prefer hunting from blinds or treestands?

Old 08-12-2017, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

We just moved a giant ladder stand from one spot to another. It was the biggest pain in the a-- ever. And the thing nearly killed us while trying to stand it up. We have about 15 ladder stands on our property and I love hunting from them. But this is the last one I set up. As Sgt Mertoff said in Lethal Weapon, "I'm too old for this sh--".
Old 08-24-2017, 01:37 PM
Spike

actually early man learned to work together and drove deer into closed areas or over cliffs etc even into water where they could be killed easier did you ever try to spear a deer with a pointed stick ? or a stick with a string made from vines yes that's what I thought pretty tough I think ?
Old 08-24-2017, 02:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Most states don't allow nonsense like spears to hunt deer. That crap is best left to video game nerds!
Old 08-24-2017, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Hatfield Hunter
actually early man learned to work together and drove deer into closed areas or over cliffs etc even into water where they could be killed easier did you ever try to spear a deer with a pointed stick ? or a stick with a string made from vines yes that's what I thought pretty tough I think ?
Originally Posted by minihunt83
So, why quote Hatfield Hunter verbatim?
Old 08-24-2017, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like an anti trying to stir up trouble. On a side note, while whitetail may not be taken in most states with a spear, hogs can. And it's pretty dang fun to be honest. As well as humbling. I've hunted with 3 methods of spear. Atlatl, hand thrown, and thrust. The last was with catch dogs of course. Heck of a lot better than getting in there with a knife. You gain a seriously healthy respect for those indigenous tribes in other countries and some of the American Indian tribes that used the Atlatl. It isn't an easy weapon to get proficient with whatsoever.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hunters_life
Sounds like an anti trying to stir up trouble. On a side note, while whitetail may not be taken in most states with a spear, hogs can. And it's pretty dang fun to be honest. As well as humbling. I've hunted with 3 methods of spear. Atlatl, hand thrown, and thrust. The last was with catch dogs of course. Heck of a lot better than getting in there with a knife. You gain a seriously healthy respect for those indigenous tribes in other countries and some of the American Indian tribes that used the Atlatl. It isn't an easy weapon to get proficient with whatsoever.
I'd love to take a deer with a spear.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Banned

I prefer my climbing stand but have also found ground blinds quite effective. When using a blind, I fashion my cover using open burlap instead of folding concealed models.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
I prefer my climbing stand but have also found ground blinds quite effective. When using a blind, I fashion my cover using open burlap instead of folding concealed models.
Originally Posted by adamhunter
So you totally agree or is there something more you wanted to say?
Old 09-10-2017, 05:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Something is strange, that is the 2nd new poster who posted a verbatim statement by another poster.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll start looking out for that. Ot, as I wasn't aware this might be a new trend. This site truly gets some odd ones!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.