Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bright Pink regulations in Louisiana >

Bright Pink regulations in Louisiana

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bright Pink regulations in Louisiana

Old 04-14-2016, 09:14 AM
Spike

Thumbs down Bright Pink regulations in Louisiana

The representatives in the Louisiana House have passed a bill, endorsing bright pink to be worn in La. woods, in lieu of hunter's orange ! Their reason for this, is a sham! To draw more women hunters into the deer woods, they are appeasing supporters,and disregarding hunter's safety. They say, because of few hunters, this regulation, more women more than likely will head to the deer woods.... I don't think so !
Old 04-14-2016, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

The blaze orange requirement was strictly for hunter safety. Now they have decided that PINK is ok just to attract more women. What about safety issue for these same women. If I am out in the woods and see a Blaze Orange anything then I automatically and instinctively know not to shoot in that direction. If I see pink that moment of hesitation is not there. Sorry folks but this will get someone shot or killed.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh no the horror
Old 04-14-2016, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

just did this in Wi. All of the gal hunters I know and hunt with are embarrassed they do not want it, they want to be accepted as one of the guys and not PINKY Oh well doo gooders win again
Old 04-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

The LA guys should be glad there will be some kind of warning that there are women in the woods with guns!
Old 04-14-2016, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

My native CO is also doing this and they say the same thing: To get more women in the field. Not sure I buy off on that but hey, I don't have to wear pink. I'll keep wearing the same vest and cap I've been wearing for more than 20 years.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Seems more and more idiots are getting elected to positions where they need to make good dections about hunting and do not know any thing about it.

Hunter numbers are declining not due to the lack of women afield.
There are several reseasons for the decline. Won't got into that as different areas/states have different reasons.
Here in Michigan land is an issue as well as high cost of tags and such. All the pink hunting outfits given out free would not fix that.

Al
Old 04-15-2016, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

So you won't shoot a woman dressed in orange.... But you might shoot one in pink because the hesitation isn't there? You need to be sure of your target and what's beyond it before shooting anything. Regardless of color. I'm sure you know that. If it gets more people hunting I say go for it. I can't imagine anybody is going to start hunting because they are allowed to wear pink though. I prefer blaze orange.
-Jake
Old 04-15-2016, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is no more than feel good do nothing legislation. The kind of thing the legislatures would rather spend time on than anything meaningful.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
So you won't shoot a woman dressed in orange.... But you might shoot one in pink because the hesitation isn't there? You need to be sure of your target and what's beyond it before shooting anything. Regardless of color. I'm sure you know that. If it gets more people hunting I say go for it. I can't imagine anybody is going to start hunting because they are allowed to wear pink though. I prefer blaze orange.
-Jake
I can take your avatar and do a little photo editing to show you how fashionable you might be in hunter pink. LOL, just kidding with ya, I agree having the color there just means its another accepted color, nothing more nothing less.

Can State Legislators work on more important things, sure, do we really believe this took more than 5 seconds on the floor, probably not. Industry reps probably asked for this and they are the only ones that really benefit from it. Does it hurt anything, nope, so I don't blame them for trying to squeeze an extra buck (pun not intended) out of our other demographics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.