Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bright Pink regulations in Louisiana >

Bright Pink regulations in Louisiana

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bright Pink regulations in Louisiana

Old 04-15-2016, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

oldtimer I never looked at it that way !! I like it knowing where the females are could be life saving
Old 04-15-2016, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
I can take your avatar and do a little photo editing to show you how fashionable you might be in hunter pink. LOL, just kidding with ya, I agree having the color there just means its another accepted color, nothing more nothing less.

Can State Legislators work on more important things, sure, do we really believe this took more than 5 seconds on the floor, probably not. Industry reps probably asked for this and they are the only ones that really benefit from it. Does it hurt anything, nope, so I don't blame them for trying to squeeze an extra buck (pun not intended) out of our other demographics.
That's probably it right there. Allot of us have 5, 10, 20 year old orange that we wear so they wanna boost sales lol.
-Jake
Old 04-15-2016, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pink would not take the place of orange. You would now have a choice. I'm sticking with orange.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
So you won't shoot a woman dressed in orange.... But you might shoot one in pink because the hesitation isn't there? You need to be sure of your target and what's beyond it before shooting anything. Regardless of color. I'm sure you know that. If it gets more people hunting I say go for it. I can't imagine anybody is going to start hunting because they are allowed to wear pink though. I prefer blaze orange.
-Jake
I agree with you So if you are lining up on a deer or other animal and see PINK behind it what do you do? Hunters are trained to instinctively stop if they see bright orange. What are they trained to do if they see just a small patch of pink?
Old 04-15-2016, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
That's probably it right there. Allot of us have 5, 10, 20 year old orange that we wear so they wanna boost sales lol.
-Jake
I don't think you're going to throw out your 5, 10, 20 year old stuff just because you can now wear pink.

But then, I don't know you very well.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
I agree with you So if you are lining up on a deer or other animal and see PINK behind it what do you do? Hunters are trained to instinctively stop if they see bright orange. What are they trained to do if they see just a small patch of pink?
Not shoot, bright pink is just one shade away from bright orange. If you could learn your primary colors I don't think this will be too difficult.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

That 10 to 20 year old stuff probably doesn't meet the "Fluorescent " orange requirement. I have seen plenty of faded our orange safety clothing in the field that doesn't meet the requirement of the law.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by vapahunter
The blaze orange requirement was strictly for hunter safety. Now they have decided that PINK is ok just to attract more women. What about safety issue for these same women. If I am out in the woods and see a Blaze Orange anything then I automatically and instinctively know not to shoot in that direction. If I see pink that moment of hesitation is not there. Sorry folks but this will get someone shot or killed.
So from your reasoning the blaze orange is your only sign of "Don't shoot". So your saying if you see something that is completely not natural besides blaze orange that instinct or hesitation "not to shoot" is not there..... Wow! hope you don't hunt archery, turkey, or predator hunt. Been a few times I have ran into hunters that weren't wearing that blaze orange.

If I see any thing out of the norm or can't verify that it is the animal I am hunting then that instinct or hesitation is always there......

Side note after reading the bill HB179 they are just adding blaze pink as an alternative to wearing blaze orange. To me it is a waste of state funding, tax dollars, time etc. But we will see if this actually will perk the interest of women in general. Because the hunting field definitely needs more advocates. I guarantee if mine ole lady can wear pink vs orange she sure as heck would lol

Last edited by Brandon_SPC; 04-15-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shouldn't have to point this out, but apparently I do.

Hunters aren't the only people out in the woods. And deer aren't the only animals you might encounter. We hunters are required by the DNR to wear hunter orange (or maybe pink). But non-hunters aren't.

Just because someone is wandering through the woods wearing a brown jacket, it's okay to shoot at him?
Old 04-15-2016, 01:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Other than the fact that the color is no more than politically correct BS for female inclusion, there is really no difference in fluorescent pink and orange than color. In places where pink is legal both it and orange tells you there is another hunter within eyesight. It doesn't change or negate the rule to make sure of what you are shooting at and make sure of your target before you pull the trigger. We all have to be aware at all times that there may be people in the woods in hunting season who are in colors that do not stand out. However, I never saw a deer, squirrel, grouse etc., that looks like a human being. Where fluorescent orange and now pink in some places shine is not necessarily identifying a figure as a human, but telling showing up in the background and telling us there is someone beyond our target. We should have already identified our target before we put gun up to our eye to shoot. Rifle scopes should not be used to distinguish game from human beings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.