Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Thats it, im done(for the year)! >

Thats it, im done(for the year)!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Thats it, im done(for the year)!

Old 10-18-2003, 07:52 PM

Default Thats it, im done(for the year)!

Is anyone else just so fed up with the guys they hunt with that they just want to pack it in?[:@] Seems like no one wants to do any work(door knocking, scouting, stands) but they all want a deer. You start hearing, your putting me in a bad spot. Dont do this, why did you do that, dont go in there, thats my spot, guys that dont want to cough up the $$$$ for gifts, meat processing, gas, long distance phone. arguements about meals, motels, who splits up the game,, who' s applied for doe tags, who has applied for surplus tags, who HASNT applied for anything or made any type of effort!

Im done for the year,, ive got my surplus archery doe in the freezer. Going to pull my stands tomorrow. Going to eat my buck/doe tag this year. I hope all the guys have a good hunt,, I just cant stand the B.S. anymore! Im going duck hunting!
Old 10-18-2003, 08:12 PM

Default RE: Thats it, im done(for the year)!

Sounds like you need different hunting buddies. I personally only hunt with my son an d my father. Less BS , but I still end up doing all the work. At least its appreciated. Don' t give up. Enjoy your season.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:51 PM
Fork Horn

I wish I had ANY hunting buddies. As of now, I' m a lone hunter.
Old 10-18-2003, 10:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good partners are hard to find.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:29 PM

almost seems like you should go by yourself, sence you do most of the work anyways, dont give just because there are some jerks out there, just go do it yourself
Old 10-19-2003, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt by myself these days too. My brother-in-law was the recipient of all my legwork anyway. I enjoyed the commraderie, but have a great deal of enjoyment just going solo. Don' t end your season with a buck tag with the rut just about to start! []
Old 10-19-2003, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like you need to go solo!!......or take a kid hunting??........like a Big brothertype of deal. Know of any young boys or gals that would like to spend sometime in the woods???
Old 10-19-2003, 08:39 AM

This is what set me off yesterday. Weve been hunting 2 farms, 1-2100 acre, 1-650 acre. No one else has permission to be on these farms but our " group" . Ive got 6 sets of steps set-up on these 2 farms.

Walked in to the first spot yesterday afternoon,, orange peels on the ground right under the stand(from the morning). Pull those steps and head out. Get to the road, see a member of the group in his truck,,, with one of his co-workers,, he sent him into that stand in the morning and hunted a different stand(also one of mine).

Asked are you guys heading home,, nope we are going too hunt the farm stand and the one on the point,, again 2 of my stand set-ups. I say o.k. im going to the pond,,, I get no,, so and so is in there already. What the %$#&,, thats another set of my steps theyre using, making a total of 5. Go to the tree with my 6th set of steps,, not there,, theyve been moved 20 yards. I try too hunt the stand and realize Ive got no shooting lanes and its hard to draw my bow from this tree. Pull my steps out and leave. Found out the " lefty" of the group hunted that spot 2 days earlier and he moved the steps because he was having trouble drawing his bow from that stand.

Go to the farmers house and tell him what was going on, and that im pulling everything of mine out. Im not doing the work for these guys to screw me over anymore! While im sitting there talking to him, the truck pulls up. Guy says my buddy from work just shot a doe out of your stand,, give me your doe tag! I say no-way,, put yours on it. He didnt apply,, neither have a doe tag. Tell the farmer,, this is why,, he understands completely!!!

Old 10-19-2003, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

what a bunch of jerks your hunting with. thats why i always pull the steps out of my stand. also, i would dump those hunting " partners" . on the farm i am hunting, somebody is BAITING MY stand. i have no clue who they are, so i pulled the stand. stuff like that kills ya.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

Could be you accepted too much responsibility.From what it sounds like you seem to have accepted a leadership position with these guys and now you just want to hunt. maybe you should talk to everyone and let them know what your looking to do. You got six stands setup and probably quite a few members of your group don' t have any and rely on your stands. Probably should cut down that number to three and let everyone know that you intend on using yours exclusively. If someone setups six stands on the property I' d be dammned if I wouldn' t use them if someone setup six stands, its not like you don' t have to share at all. If everyone did that you' d probably have a 100 stands setup looking at each other.Don' t know about your other problems with the group but for the problem mentioned a simple set of rules, like no oranges, and nothing left behind could solve them and then simply setup a schedule, on so and so day, or today, I will be using these three stands depending on conditions so noone touch them. leave the schedule at the entrance and everyone will know whats up. As far as doe tags, don' t tell me that you guys can' t figure out a better system then shoot the doe and go ask who' s got a tag. You should know how many the group has and which ones are available before pulling the trigger. Add some rules about this.

You guys have too many unwritten rules which no one seems to know and you have accepted these conditions for so long that everyone is probably acustomed to you bailing them out. Don' t know about the situation other then what you said but maybe you get enough good memories from the group that you should try and save it and at the same time lift the load off your back. take care whatever you do, and hope you still keep on hunting.Sounds like those guys really need either guidance or a kick in the ass and you appear to be the only one who will give it to them.

Quick Reply: Thats it, im done(for the year)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.