HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   My season is done (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/403547-my-season-done.html)

Champlain Islander 12-31-2015 07:08 AM

My season is done

Just wondering what you guys and gals do when the season is done. Around here it turns into ice fishing...after all the guns and gear are cleaned and put away. Around the corner will be spring turkey season though which opens May 1. Can't wait for that one.

Oldtimr 12-31-2015 08:03 AM

My deer season is done as well. Starting on Saturday I will be hunting over my young setter at my club till the end of March and other places for late grouse in between.

mounting man 12-31-2015 10:43 AM

I will play with a few more guns,to get them to shoot as i want them to and cast some bullets for the rifles and the in lines.
I will be on site often to see how everyone is doing and who is new.

WV Hunter 12-31-2015 12:03 PM

Mine ends on Saturday. One last try. :)

alleyyooper 01-01-2016 03:10 AM

My season ended 12-20. First thing on the agenda is to clean and put away the shot gun and muzzle loader and clothing and other deer hunting specific stuff.
Then charge the battery on the MP3 player, look for new sound for it, clean the oil from the swifts bore. Now I am set to shoot some coyotes.
I will also be hunting some squirrels/rabbits till March.

:D Al

Bocajnala 01-01-2016 04:02 AM

Hopefully a couple squirrel hunts. I still have an archery season until early February here... Looking at the schedule though not sure if I'll be able to get out or not.

ggw44 01-03-2016 04:08 PM

Yes Michigan hunters are cleaning & putting a way, but the fun of season is still in the air !!! :biggrin:

Nocked Up 01-03-2016 04:28 PM

Got a decent buck in the final hour of buck season yesterday....rattled him in right around sunset. We can shoot does for awhile longer and can bow hunt til late April here in northern VA. Runs right into Turkey season, but I haven't tried that yet...Ill probably be bass fishing. Odd year this year with the weather but I still saw 2 really nice bucks....too far for a bow on one and not legal on the other because I needed a doe first. Still cool to see, but frustrating...hoping for more normal weather next year.

Father Forkhorn 01-03-2016 04:37 PM

Mine finished today...a complete bust, unfortunately, but fun to be hunting.

There are scads of squirrels out there.

I've also proposed a project to a buddy of mine who is expanding his hunting interests: Taking every legal species in our state. The immediate effect would be branching into waterfowl and predators as these species are close at hand.

I'll do some gun tinkering, time permitting.

Other than that: I have a huge passion for the fly rod, and fish conventional tackle, too. A fishing trip with my father is on the agenda this summer.

SoloCamper 01-04-2016 12:41 PM

In Delaware there's another week-long shotgun season the middle of this month, squirrel stays open until 2/6, and rabbit until 2/29. I don't fish or hunt turkeys. When the weather warms up I'll go camping, hiking, wildlife watching and garden poorly.