Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

... Not coyotes

Old 11-29-2015, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default ... Not coyotes

I hunt around 40 acres of private property where I've been seeing deer & a lot of sign. About 3 weeks ago deer sightings & sign vanished, even on my camera where I was getting an abundant of pictures of deer. I checked the camera a week ago with a lot of pictures assuming they were all of deer to find out its coyotes. My questions were answered seeing the coyote pics to why the deer had disappeared. My camera is set up on the edge of a pine thicket where deer would usually bed. The coyotes are showing up only at night. I've hunted mornings & afternoons hoping the dern muts would show, still no sighting. Anyone have suggestions as to what I could do to get rid of this coyote problem? I just want the deer to show back up!
Old 11-29-2015, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

Put a craigslist add up asking for some local predator hunters. If you have any respond ask for some pictures of predator kills to make sure they are seasoned and you arn't wasting your time..... Or go buy a few calls and give it a try.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:45 AM
Spike

Start trapping, trap them, pop em with a 22, skin,flesh dry the hides and sell the hides. I trap,saving up the trapping money to buy more land.