Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

question for all members

Old 11-22-2015, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
My little twin Grandsons could teach better marksmanship than ARMY But Marine rifle training is a good bit better

Now Now Jeepers lets not start the Military bashing fella. Not all of us military gentlemen are like that and you know it.

Not bashing, just calling it like it is. I've seen it too many times. Between shooting and flying both...it's always the same argument.

He finds it unethical to shoot game animals at extended ranges, that's fine he can have that opinion. But when he comes on here with a list of questions that we answer above what he was expecting he goes straight to attacks on killing "baby deer" instead of having a sound discussion...
Old 11-22-2015, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Broncazonk
...... that are standing innocently under said feeders munching on corn.
Bronc
And this statement almost sounds like an "Anti" !!!
Old 11-22-2015, 02:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I suspect he is not even a hunter, just a troll.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, my passion is flintlocks and through the years I have had people say that a round ball isn't ethical for killing whitetails...

I just ignore them...
Old 11-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I suspect he is not even a hunter, just a troll.
I doubt that he has been around a while, and I read some of his older posts and he offered some very good info. I believe he just has a strong opinion and voices it....sound familiar.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nope it does not, his opinion is irrational and based on zero knowledge of the ability of those he is criticizing. I think you are confusing him with another member with a screen name of Bronko.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Spike

Here are a couple of my posts from 2012. Enjoy!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/3947975-post26.html

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/3947977-post27.html

These are not the big deer, just good ones.

And getting called a troll is EXACTLY the reason why people who actually know what they are talking about rarely post.

All my Best, and Good Luck This Season!!

Bronc
Old 11-22-2015, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
so FF whacking them from afar is cheating through use of technology, but wearing camo made with same technology, and using scents to fool the deer, while setting in a state of the art treestand is ok
RR

Ridge, I'm attempting to be friendly to you...Please keep that in mind.

What I'm drawing attention to is the notion of fairness. As I say, there is a gray area.

My thoughts on camo, scents, and tree stands: I think one can cross a line with those. I say it's best to evaluate it case by case.

My biggest issue would be with scents. I'm not sure how they represent skill or hunter effort. Scent control products start getting problematic, too.

With camo, you still have to use a little brain power to get a match and you still have to be stealthy. Tree stands do require the hunter to put it up, place it in a good location, etc. There's still a skill element involved.

Again, the exact boundaries are not clear. I do think they are worth thinking about as we consider our hunting methods. Fair chase is a key part of all of this.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Broncazonk
Here are a couple of my posts from 2012. Enjoy!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/3947975-post26.html

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/3947977-post27.html

These are not the big deer, just good ones.

And getting called a troll is EXACTLY the reason why people who actually know what they are talking about rarely post.

All my Best, and Good Luck This Season!!

Bronc
The difference is you don't know what you're talking about...so yep, if the troll shoe fits then velcro that thing up and keep on walking.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ridge Runner--if you can shoot deer from afar and do it well, then have at it. If that talent leaves you, then you will know when it does and I suspect that you will act accordingly. Enjoy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.