Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

FIRST BUCK

Old 10-17-2003, 08:28 AM

Default FIRST BUCK

well this morning was the best morning of my hunting life. i got into the woods with time to spare. i sat there for about a hour nothing, then i see a doe and a small buck about 100 yrds. they walk away to my right and i thought the morning was over. but then i hear all these turkeys make all this noise, then i see the two deer come back from the right, they disappear from me infront of me down over the hill. i hear a grunt and then some fighting between bucks. i see two smaller bucks and a doe leave to my left. so i start to grunt to make them come back. all of a sudden a deer is coming up the hill behind a tree. i move my gun when the deer' s head is behind the tree. when he comes out i see that it is a small spike. being the first deer withing shooting range i decide to shoot. i dropped him in his tracks. i was shaking like crazy after the smoke cleared. i called my friend to tell him to have his dad come out and help with cleaning and ****. then i called my sister telling her the good news. i was so pumped. i have been waiting to see a buck this whole week. its only a spike but it is a buck. thanks guys for all ur help.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:37 AM

Default RE: FIRST BUCK

I will tell you what now that right there is a great story and that my friend is what deer hunting is all about. Not how big the deer but how big the smile congradulations.

Old 10-17-2003, 08:45 AM

congratulations. it sure must be a great feeling!
Old 10-17-2003, 08:49 AM

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Now.... Get back out there!
Old 10-17-2003, 09:23 AM

i will try to get a pic when i get them back. who_else
Old 10-17-2003, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats ! Can' t wait to see a pic.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:19 AM

Congrats Who Else! I love putting people on their first buck! Each year I find someone who hasn' t killed a buck yet and try to help them out. So far I am 8 & 1. I get A LOT of enjoyment out of it and sometimes I think I am more excited than they are! lol

Old 10-17-2003, 01:15 PM

Congratulations " Who Else" .... what a rush, huh!

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland
Old 10-17-2003, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates
Old 10-17-2003, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats from jersey

Quick Reply: FIRST BUCK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.