HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   those darn leaves (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/402708-those-darn-leaves.html)

Rebel998 11-16-2015 05:46 PM

those darn leaves

That twitch of a leaf moving slighty in the wind catches my eye n gets my heart racing thinking a deer is coming.... Only to find out it is the leaf. So many times my heart sank from this haha anyone else get this? I get excited over any deer coming through. And yes i have killed bucks but this is why i hunt. The adrenaline of watching any deer come through and knowing they dont know you are there.. That is such a thrill

uncle matt 11-16-2015 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rebel998 (Post 4228653)
That twitch of a leaf moving slighty in the wind catches my eye n gets my heart racing thinking a deer is coming.... Only to find out it is the leaf. So many times my heart sank from this haha anyone else get this? I get excited over any deer coming through. And yes i have killed bucks but this is why i hunt. The adrenaline of watching any deer come through and knowing they dont know you are there.. That is such a thrill

My eyes (and ears) are more highly trained and disciplined. Much more highly trained and disciplined. When a leave falls, before it reaches the ground, even thru the corner of my eye, I know what kind of tree it fell from and how old that tree is.

Grasshopper, to be one with the forest you must first give yourself to the forest without question or hesitation.

alleyyooper 11-18-2015 01:00 AM

I love the fallen leaves the squirrels have me trained to ignore their movements and I learned many a moon ago what a deer sounds like walking thru the woods and can tell the difference between a fluttering leaf and a deer tail/ear twitching.

:D Al

Game Stalker 11-18-2015 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rebel998 (Post 4228653)

Unfulfilled expectation will wear on you in time. Watch, listen, learn, and let come what may.

MaineRida 11-18-2015 05:46 PM

I like any movement or sound that makes you do a double take. I dad a deer walk up on me once because I thought it was the squirrel I looked at five minutes earlier. Luckily ithe deer did not wind me and I was able to let it gain some distance before I dropped it. After that event I look every time I think it's a squirrel!