Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Locked up bucks

Old 11-20-2015, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did you find them?

I would save them and boil the skulls out - assuming you are allowed. Would make a cool keepsake having two big locked up bucks done Euro style.

Its a shame, they are both darn nice bucks. That one is a whopper.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Did you find them?

I would save them and boil the skulls out - assuming you are allowed. Would make a cool keepsake having two big locked up bucks done Euro style.

yup. I agree 100%. many hunters kill big bucks but how often does one stumble across an epic battlefield such as this, where the warriors ,literally ,fought to the death? I never have.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Did you find them?

Yes we found them on one of our properties, 30 yds off of a bean field.
We've never laid eyes on these 2 bucks before finding them dead.
No mention of bruisers by the neighbors either.
What they look like after sitting in the pond for almost 2weeks.
Attached Thumbnails Locked up bucks-1126133815_09.jpg  
Old 12-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Not in the state I live in, you can p/u sheds but if they are still attached it is illegal to take them. Actually, I like it that way.

You live in a state that can turn a honest Hunter into a poacher
Old 12-02-2015, 03:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Seems like this happens 2 or 3 times a year that get reported or posted on a forum.

Al
Old 12-02-2015, 03:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well, since under your name itsays you live in PA you live in the same state as I do.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:13 AM
Banned

as I said earlier , you can pick them up here if they died of natural causes. it don't get much more natural then two locked up bucks. makes no sense to me to simply leave two nice looking racks like those to simply rot on the ground. them deers iz daid , I figure there ok with it if I chop off the racks, they's obviously done with them.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kidoggy
as I said earlier , you can pick them up here if they died of natural causes. it don't get much more natural then two locked up bucks. makes no sense to me to simply leave two nice looking racks like those to simply rot on the ground. them deers iz daid , I figure there ok with it if I chop off the racks, they's obviously done with them.
I'm sure the concept is things would be a lot easier for poachers if they could just say "i found that buck dead last month" I don't agree with it either but I'm sure that is the reasoning.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is the law in PA: Chapter 23: (2) Individuals who find and retain for their own use any deer or elk antler which is shed through natural causes. This paragraph shall not be construed to permit any individual possessing a shed antler to sell, barter or trade or to offer to sell, barter or trade any shed antler.

Antlers laying in the woods aren't wasted, they are used as a source of calcium by wildlife. Anyone who has spent time in the woods probably has seen antlers that were showing signs of being eaten.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:16 AM
Banned

yeah ,yeah ,I know that but so long as it is legal , I'M GONNA PICK EM UP. WE CAN SELL EM ALSO.

that goes for winter kills and even if one jumps in front of your car an you kill em. here you can even salvage the meat if it is possible to do so. I understand the whole curtail the poacher aspect, just find it as silly as gun laws.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.