Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do you do?

Old 11-13-2015, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just felt hesitant about it.
My thought is that a hunter who's nervous or queasy about a shot shouldn't take it. This is telling you something's not safe, ethical, or whatever.

You did right.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Set up farther than a couple hundred yards from the parking lot. Few hunters are willing to walk in a full mile to hunt. I never get serious until I'm at least 2 miles from the nearest road/parking lot/ business/ house etc...
For humor, in one certain location, I have seen libtards from Indiana University hiking 3 miles to my hunting spot on opening day of gun season. Same area another year the Boy Scouts are camping 2 miles from the parking lot on opening day and hiking everywhere. That place sucked no matter how far I would walk.

Seriously, with satellite and topographic maps available I will study an area and find places most lazy hunters will not hike to. That can be 200 yards or 4 miles from the starting point. There will be somewhere off the beaten path for me to hunt.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by flags
Set up farther than a couple hundred yards from the parking lot. Few hunters are willing to walk in a full mile to hunt. I never get serious until I'm at least 2 miles from the nearest road/parking lot/ business/ house etc...
good idea.

but he won't get 2 miles away if he's wearing an ankle bracelet.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:38 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Swayze
good idea.

but he won't get 2 miles away if he's wearing an ankle bracelet.

Swayze - funny guy or lunatic ?
Old 12-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

I am the op and wanted to thank everyone for the comments. I am catching up on them. To answer one post as to size and what is relative. The area that I was hunting is not large a all when it comes to land space. I don't know the acreage right off the top of my head but it's like he was saying the area can only handle about 8 hunters tops. If I see vehicles parked in one of the four or five spaces to park I don't bother going in but I know where exactly to go if there is a vehicle already there... Anyway thanks for the replies and the discussion...