Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Clothes

Old 11-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Spike

Default Hunting Clothes

I am not a hunter and I am pretty clueless when it comes to anything that involves hunting, so I am looking for some help. I want to buy my husband some new base clothes for Christmas, but I have NO idea where to even start to look for them. He mentioned once that there were multiple layers that he wears, but I am kind of overwhelmed when I looked at the Cabelas website. He hunts in northern Wisconsin, can anyone kind of point me in the right direction on what to get him?
Old 11-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rather than guess at what he would like I'd suggest you have him pick out what he wants knowing that he'll be happy then, rather than just smiling to look happy if you get him something on your own that he doesn't like, need, or want.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cabela's gift certificate for a couple hundred bucks. Let him get what we wants.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll echo what TG and flags said. A gift card is always welcome here.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep gift certificate.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with the gift certificate...unless he has specificately said what he would like.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Spike

Default Yep, go with a gift certificate.

Originally Posted by Gimpy
I agree with the gift certificate...unless he has specificately said what he would like.
A gift certificate to a nice hunting store like Cabela's or Bass Pro shows that you know he needs or wants an item relating to hunting...makes you appear more intuitive that trying to pass off a Walmart gift card. Go for it.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

My kids who live out of town get the Bass Pro gift cards for me. That way I get a gift from them I know I can use and I always get something that will last a long time. As has been said it is a great idea.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even better yet is one of those prepaid visa gift cards. He could use it anywhere that takes visa so he can shop around for exactly what he wants. Shopping for someone else's hunting clothes can be difficult at best. Especially when you don't know much about the industry.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

The only thing I would suggest buying right now are Cabela's fleece lined pants. I want a pair bad, and I'm going to buy a set this weekend.

Don't buy him anything else - get him a gift card. Why?

I'm picky about my hunting clothes. Where are the pockets on the coat? where at the pockets on the pants? how do the coverall-pants cover my boots? do my pants feel comfortable inside the coverall pants? How loose are they - can I wear extra layers when it's below zero?

I'm guessing any male hunter probably has at least half the issues above when they get their hunting stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.