Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Mock Scrapes - Tips & Tricks to draw deer into your mock scrapes! >

Mock Scrapes - Tips & Tricks to draw deer into your mock scrapes!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mock Scrapes - Tips & Tricks to draw deer into your mock scrapes!

Old 11-03-2015, 04:32 AM
Spike

Default Mock scrapes

I moved a branch from a scrape of a buck to where it didn't have a tree for a stand. This buck came in to my mock scrape on Nov. 2 2010 and I shot him with his nose in the scrape. I called him my Mock Scrape Buck. So it does work.
Attached Thumbnails Mock Scrapes - Tips & Tricks to draw deer into your mock scrapes!-10pt.jpg  
Old 11-03-2015, 04:41 AM
Spike

I moved a branch from a scrape where there were no trees for a tree stand to where I wanted one. I shot this buck on Nov 2 2010 in Ohio with his nose in the scrape using James Valley Leathal Weapon lure. So it does work.
Attached Thumbnails Mock Scrapes - Tips & Tricks to draw deer into your mock scrapes!-10pt.jpg  
Old 11-03-2015, 04:42 AM
Spike

Sorry for the double post I didn't see it right away.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:05 AM
Spike

Default great idea

30-06 that is a great idea that never crossed my mind before. One other tip i have is instead of buying a dripper bottle to start a scrape find a scrape at one of your hunting buddies properties or some public land and wear some clean latex gloves bring a few gallon baggies and scoop up the dirt on the ground a transport it to where you would like to start a scrape it will drive them nuts....it works. The only thing i can compare them to is when your walking your dog and it pisses on mail posts and fire hydrants to communicate with the other dogs in the neighborhood
Old 11-04-2015, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 30-06 deerslayer
I moved a branch from a scrape where there were no trees for a tree stand to where I wanted one. I shot this buck on Nov 2 2010 in Ohio with his nose in the scrape using James Valley Leathal Weapon lure. So it does work.
06 just gave a great tip to anyone who caught it. Using the branch from above an genuine scrape to where you want to make a mock scrape.

Just as a note I made a mock scrape a few weeks ago and took a good wizz in it. The deer did hit it but it didn't seem like they were hitting it regularly. So what do I find a few days ago? I had set a trail cam trying to catch deer moving to or from the mock scrape and there is a real scrape and a nice 8 pointer on video racking the branches above it real good.

One of my nephews will be hunting a stand near there this afternoon when he gets off work. I would love to see him get that buck but the video was a 11pm............

But you never know. This is the time of year things change with buck behavior. Last night about 7:30 I saw a buck that looked to me to be tending a doe as she was eating. Also last night the fog was thick as molasses. It's 10am here and the fog still is lingering.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:14 AM
Spike

super hunt 54 you were correct taxidermy man says his jaw is text book 5 1/2 year old
Old 11-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

For my video in the original post... I didnt even use a branch from another scrape, just grabbed one off the nearby tree. I did that for a couple years, just zip tied it so it hung over my mock scrape. Never wizzed in it, never used scents until I was actively hunting over it. It still worked!
Old 11-17-2015, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

new question on Mock Scrapes.... I picked up a bottle of Tink's Power Scrape. It was on sale, figured it was worth a shot. Has anyone on here used this in their mock scrapes?
Old 09-22-2016, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by TSR6
new question on Mock Scrapes.... I picked up a bottle of Tink's Power Scrape. It was on sale, figured it was worth a shot. Has anyone on here used this in their mock scrapes?

I did try the Tink's Power Scrape last year - and saw zero action with it during the season. The land that we hunted on though, I sprayed an area in front of one of their cameras they put out for fun and there were some bucks that opened up the ground in front of their camera.

Again... just didnt work when i needed it.