Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Field & Stream hunting survey

Old 10-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Spike

Default Field & Stream hunting survey

Hey, everyone. I'm an editor at Field & Stream, and I wanted to invite you to take a hunting survey we've put together. The results will be published in our Dec-Jan issue. Here's a link to the survey.

https://docs.google.com/a/bonniercor...ewform?c=0&w=1

Thanks for your time. -Colin Kearns
Old 10-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

After reading all the questions on this survey I question if it is done by "Field and Stream" Magazine. It is so biased toward "trophy" hunting as opposed to sport hunting so as to make me believe there is a hidden motive behind the survey that is not conducive to a good public view of sport hunting since every question is geared to force an answer that will result in an emphasis on an obsession of taking exceptional specimens instead of the reason that most people hunt and that is because it is man's nature to hunt and every piece of game taken is a trophy to them. I don't know what the motive behind this survey is, but I do not trust those behind it. I believe a real editor at "Field and Stream" would have provided their name. This so-called survey has all the ear marks of a fishing expedition by an anti that will result in another farce like Cecil the lion! I could be wrong, but this just doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 10-07-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

[email protected]

Bonnier Corp owns F&S and it appears a name is in the email addy BUT i dont do surveys so it dont matter to me.

http://www.bonniercorp.com/brands/

https://twitter.com/cmkearns

Last edited by Gm54-120; 10-07-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some silly questions IMO fishing for forced answers.

Like this one.

When blood-trailing a trophy animal, what are you most interested in recovering?
1. the meat
2. the head

I'm 100% interested in both.....why would I choose one or the other?
Old 10-07-2015, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, according to this link to an actual Field and Stream site this may actually be on the up and up. http://www.fieldandstream.com/taxonomy/term/79669 Makes one wonder what F&S is up to with those 100% idiotic questions doesn't it? I truly can't fathom why such a reputable outdoors magazine would stoop to these types of questions and answers that are 100% geared towards a bad outlook upon our beloved passtime.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:22 PM
JW
Super Moderator

This survey has no bearing to the other surveys recently posted. I have not heard if this person asked to post this but I will find out.

When any survey asks for my name ~ I stop right there and don't trust it.

Just my .02 cents.

JW
Old 10-07-2015, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Some silly questions IMO fishing for forced answers.

Like this one.

When blood-trailing a trophy animal, what are you most interested in recovering?
1. the meat
2. the head

I'm 100% interested in both.....why would I choose one or the other?
I've never questioned the connection, myself.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I always though F/S was geared to yuppie back packers, hikers and other out door people than hunter since the late 1970's.

Al
Old 10-08-2015, 03:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Clicked on the link, but backed away immediately. I will not provide a name and an email address to do any survey. Plus, I get F&S and normally there will be an announcement about such surveys in the magazine itself and I don't recall seeing any.

I'll pass.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

The link super posted seems like they are legitimately in this survey but I honestly cannot see why they are stooping this low.

What the heck do some of these questions even mean.

Describe your idea of the perfect trophy meal.

I thought about registering to their website just to voice my view on this piece and how skewed it is but don't want to get added into their system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.