Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
spotting scope tripod suggestions-field use deer >

spotting scope tripod suggestions-field use deer

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

spotting scope tripod suggestions-field use deer

Old 09-15-2015, 11:00 AM
Spike

Default spotting scope tripod suggestions-field use deer

I am getting a Redfield Rampage 20-60x80, it weighs in at 43oz, and I'll be using it to spot deer movement from a few hundred yards off OR more.

I know the tripod blows that comes with it, as several reviews have stated so, but I wouldn't use it for my field use anyways. So, I'm looking for a tripod I could use for the field. It is a angled spotting scope.

I don't want to spend much more then $100, maybe a touch more. NOT even sure there is anything out there in that price range worth a hoot!

If there is a mid sized tripod that could be used for both bench and field use, then that is my dream! I don't imagine that exists either!
Old 09-15-2015, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Since Redfield is made by Leupold, you may want to check out theirs ??

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/136...black-and-gray
Old 09-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Spike

That is a great option. I'm looking at it closely. thanks

Anymore suggestions?

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Since Redfield is made by Leupold, you may want to check out theirs ??

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/136...black-and-gray
Old 09-15-2015, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know specifically about your model, but all the spotting scopes I have will mount on most camera tripods. Same size screw mount on many spotting scopes and cameras, 1/4 X 20.

I get the most use out of a window mount for my Jeep. I park someplace likely and watch from the drivers seat. The clamp mount cost me around $25 bucks. The clamp mount models can also be used in a high seat or tower with a little fabrication. A small piece of angle iron with two holes in it and a pair of nails will hold the mount to a tree. Take your nails with you, it is against the law to nail into tree in many places.

I've found more than a few camera tripods at garage sales, even in the trash on the curb.

Some tripods even come with an adapter kit just in case your screw size is different. The adapters are cheap at a camera shop, most times.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 09-15-2015 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:06 PM
Spike

Get the promos Jim shockey trigger stick tripod. Retail is closer to $200 but you get what you pay for and you might be able to find it at a discount. It is a very versatile tool. I put my Leopold 20X60 spotting scope on it. I just wish it had better panning ability and a quick disconnect. You can also use it for a shooting rest or binocular rest.