HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Mathews or Hoyt? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/401162-mathews-hoyt.html)

Dirt chicken 09-02-2015 08:24 AM

Mathews or Hoyt?

What do y'all think?

super_hunt54 09-02-2015 08:36 AM

Whichever one feels the best to you. Me personally, neither one. BowTech all the way for me. All Mathews does is steal tech from other companies and call it their own innovations. Single cam (Martin), Parallel Limb Tech (Rhino), Perimeter weighted cam (Bear), the list goes on. Hoyt, good bows if they fit you.

Dirt chicken 09-02-2015 09:00 AM

I'm liking the Mathews drenilen.. Or how ever you spell that.

rockport 09-02-2015 09:16 AM

Ive shot bowtech for years. Just switched to G5 prime this year. Never been a Mathews fan.

I'm not one to switch bows unless something blows me away. I shot a 2007 Bowtech equalizer (bowtech allegiance with SD cams) until this year. The Prime bow blew me away.

Like all the others I'm sure they are not for everybody but everybody in the market should try one. I like the defy which is what I bought.

They did not market the defy as their flagship bow but they should have.

BrushyPines 09-02-2015 09:46 AM

Had a PSE for the longest & found a Mathews DXT a buddy of mine was selling pretty reasonably. If it wasn't for the price I paid for it I wouldn't have got it. I've shot Mathews & Bowtech.. To be honest, the Bowtech shoots just as good, if not better than a Mathews. For the price difference between the 2, I'd definitely go Bowtech. Never have shot a Hoyt, all my friends that shoot Hoyt seem to be very pleased with it.

cjclemens 09-02-2015 12:37 PM

I've shot bear, Mathews and Hoyt. They all have some bows I really like and some that I really didn't like. As super hunt said, try a few and see what feels good. If you're looking for a used rig, see if you can find a Mathews Switchback. The SBXT is regarded as one of Mathews' best bows, and you can usually find them for a fraction of the cost of a new bow.

jepcho 09-03-2015 02:34 PM

I think now it's hard to go wrong buying a new compound bow. In the mid 90's, for about 10 year, I think Mathews was undoubtedly ahead of everybody else but now everybody has caught up and maybe even passed them. I was always a Mathews guy but made the switch to Hoyt and I love them! My Hoyt fits me better than any bow I've ever owned. Get out and shoot some Mathews, Hoyts, PSEs, Bowtechs and see what you like.

grinder67 09-03-2015 03:41 PM

I own a mathews and a Bow tech experience and have just shot my nephews hoyt carbon spider and I think I would choose the hoyt ( but I wouldnt pay what they want for them cause I am a little cheap) LOL!

super_hunt54 09-03-2015 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by grinder67 (Post 4216528)
I own a mathews and a Bow tech experience and have just shot my nephews hoyt carbon spider and I think I would choose the hoyt ( but I wouldnt pay what they want for them cause I am a little cheap) LOL!

Cheap and todays new compounds just don't go together at all grinder. I payed less for my first car (truck actually) than I did for my BowTech Experience!

grinder67 09-03-2015 05:05 PM

My mathews was acquired by an unpaid 600.00 dollar loan to a friend, the mathews and a browning bps 12 ga. ( his decision, not mine) I told him to keep his stuff and pay me when he got a chance but he insisted! The bowtech was given to me by a friend who gets a new one every year. Had none of that happened I would still be shooting my trusty, old ,round wheeled golden eagle! No way I will ever spend over 400.00 on a new bow. (Told ya I was cheap!LOL!) However the buddy that gave me the bow, put a used rem.700 22-250 on layaway last winter and I went in and paid it off without telling him.:wink: