HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   who is ready! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/400955-who-ready.html)

d80hunter 08-21-2015 06:06 PM

who is ready!

I still have 5 1/2 weeks left and I am getting exited. I have all the essentials ready. I have all my weaponry go to go. I have thoroughly practiced with my bows and guns. Gear is prepped. I most likely have new land to hunt. Also going to spend time hunting coyotes. Good luck to everyone and want to ask if everyone is ready and if they have any last minute ideas?

My only last idea is a getting a wheeled deer cart. Any additions to the topic would be appreciated.

Game Stalker 08-21-2015 06:22 PM

I've got to purchase some new snake boots and a pair of waterproof pants seeing as my old pants are no longer keeping me dry. I have access to property for early Sept. deer but I'll most likely wait 'til first frost in Oct.

Ridge Runner 08-21-2015 06:36 PM

got damage permits to fill, kinda like a job, may whack one come mid November when hunting is kinda a challenge
RR

alleyyooper 08-22-2015 02:16 AM

Been hunting coyotes, really just take days off once in a while to shoot crows. So fully ready for deer season after I clean up a few squirrels.

:D Al

BOWHUNTERCOP 08-22-2015 02:32 AM

I'm ready, season opens October 3rd, I have a few minor things to do which I will do Friday afternoon and I'm done

MZS 08-22-2015 05:31 AM

Waiting for a bit more rain (tonight hopefully) so my winter rye comes up. Did some needed repair on a permanent stand and hornet spraying on a tower stand a week back. And a little removal of limbs for shooting lanes. Time now to stay out of my hunting area and do some target shooting in my backyard.

gjersy 08-22-2015 07:16 AM

I've been making sure all the guns are ready & sighted in, going out shooting today with the kids. Also just got a new rangefinder a Vortex Ranger 1000. Should be a great hunting season coming up!

SoloCamper 08-22-2015 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by MZS (Post 4214260)
Time now to stay out of my hunting area

This is where I'm at, and it's way harder than the physical labor involved.

Everything is ready to go, burlap/brush blinds set up, trail cut, multiple deer sightings. It's all waiting now. Only 40 more days until October 2nd when I can replenish my reserves of taco meat! :biggrin:

flags 08-23-2015 04:48 AM

I've got 2 private land doe tags for eastern CO. I'll pop up there in early Dec and fill the freezer. Then I'll pop a hog or 2 in TX.

d80hunter 08-23-2015 07:59 AM

My last trip out scouting I heard turkeys within earshot of my treestand. I hope I get a repeat of last year and nail a bird while bowhunting for whitetails. Still waiting to see if I got drawn for any of the hunts I applied for.