Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My buck survived the winter!

Old 07-13-2015, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Yeah it's fun to watch them grow up. I don't use cam's anymore since I moved here to Illinois. I tend to get out there with them and watch from a distance with some nocks. Hard to do that in mountain and heavily wooded spots which is where I always used cams.
Yeah that is not an option for me either. Its all standing corn and timber. I do that on the bean years though.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heavily timbered mountains here. I take no precautions checking mine. My scent doesn't seem to spook them, I have got pictures on my cameras like 15 minutes after I was there. I think the deer get used to your scent after a while, which is what you want. But then again, I dont believe in all the cover scents and the latest, greatest camo either. I check my cameras once a week, I walk around look at the trails and check everything in the area. I do believe that deer get used to your sent, if you try to mask it, when they do smell you it will spook them. I have probably twenty different bucks, numerous elk, bear, moose and coyotes visiting the area that I have my cameras set, scent doesn't seem to effect any of them. This is on public land in north Idaho, where we are not allowed to bait or use food plots either.

Last edited by fritz1; 07-14-2015 at 05:04 AM.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well lie I said guys, the nex time you saw this buck he would be dead in my Garage (flags). I guess he is truly my buck now.

The ast photo I had of him before I pulled my cameras." />

If you look at the eye gaurds you can tell its the same buck." />

Here he is, after the 7mm STW barked. Now I am going to buy a non resident tag and go after the other big one that I have on camera." />
Old 11-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Yep, he is yours isn't he!
Glad you got him, love it when a plan comes together
Old 11-02-2015, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fritz1
I do the same thing every year, I find a decent buck, concentrate my efforts on that particular buck and I, 90% of the time, will get that deer.
................. and it looks like you raised your % even more.

Congratulations; that-a-way Fritz !!!
Old 11-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Now he is your buck! Congrats.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys!