Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting magazines

Old 10-13-2003, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default hunting magazines

What is the best hunting magazine to read?
Old 10-13-2003, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunting magazines

My favorites are Bowhunter,and Petersons Bowhunting
lots of good stories and tips!!
Old 10-13-2003, 08:18 PM

I' m not sure that " best" would apply to this topic rather than favorite. Outdoor Life would be my top choice.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:35 PM

North American Whitetail is a good mag if you are into whitetail deer hunting, and being from Indiana, I would assume you are. Also, Petersen' s Hunting is pretty good also and they cover most all species of N.A. game.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:53 PM

I read Deer and Deer Hunting, its a great magazine with great stories. I dont know if its the best though.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Deer and Deer Hunting and the Quality Deer Management magazines.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:29 PM

Outdoor Life gets my vote, Field & Stream second.

Old 10-13-2003, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

I would definitely try out www.IndianaGameAndFish.com. A 1 year subscription is only around 15$ and they are really informative magazines. And the best thing is they are customized to your state. I get an Arkansas Sportsman every month. Or you can go to www.gameandfishmag.com
Old 10-13-2003, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

Oops, those links didn' t work. Can anyone tell me how to do a link?
Old 10-13-2003, 10:21 PM

I get alot of magazines...some of them are better than others.

My personal favorite is Deer & Deer Hunting. It is not so much a magazine about other peoples hunting, it helps you on your next one. Alot of great biological and behavioral information. Also, by the same publisher...Turkey & Turkey Hunting. If you hunt turkey, you really owe yourself this subscription.

Alot of Bowhunting mags, most of them are pretty good. Peterson' s is good, Bowhunter is good, and Bow & Arrow also.

If you' re just looking for an afternoon naptime read, then Field & Stream and the other " general" outdoor magazines are great.

The Game & Fish magazines mentioned above are good if you have never read them before. If you read them long enough, you will eventually read the same basic stuff over and over. Yes, it' s nice to have a magazine that appears to be about your state but there is only so many times you can read about " top bowhunting counties" , " best smallmouth waters" et. al.

Really, best way to figure this out is to run out and pick up a copy and take a look. If you like it...get a subscription....most are fairly inexpensive.

Quick Reply: hunting magazines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.