Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Do you have Box Blind Elevator plans? >

Do you have Box Blind Elevator plans?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you have Box Blind Elevator plans?

Old 04-14-2015, 08:09 AM
Spike

Default Do you have Box Blind Elevator plans?

I thought about buying the Shadow Hunter Blind Elevator Brackets, but I was wondering if anyone has plans or what angles to cut, for a sturdy platform.

P.S. I'd be leaving it on public land, so don't want to spend the $ for the brackets.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:32 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

You really want to build a platform stand on public land? I hunt public land, but generally, I use a blind and make my entrance and exit as secret as possible. Leaving this big stand up invites others to either hunt in it, vandalize it, or steal it (or parts of it). Or just mess up your hunting in some other way. Also, there are local laws - in many places a stand left up may be hunted first come first serve. Or in others a permanent stand is not even allowed. The platforms I have built have taken a lot of time and materials, but they are on my own land.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Agree 100% with what MZS stated! Buy a decent popup that you can go in with before daylight to pop it up, hunt, and then take it out with you. Any blind left on public ground is usually considered usable by anyone and doesn't give you a right to think it's your area alone just because you put up and left a blind there.