Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Hunting Basics

Old 04-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO. Flags, you should watch that vid. His beliefs on "Basic Needs" are pretty sad to say the least. You should watch it if for nothing more than a good laugh. An SD card for basic needs? Young man, before you try to teach something, you should really LEARN about that subject! You have absolutely NO clue whatsoever about what you are talking about. My 11 year old daughter knows more about woodsmanship and hunting than you. But of course she has been raised like I was, in the woods as soon as she had the walking thing down pat so she probably has much more experience than you. LMAO@ SD cards and card readers being put in as "basic needs" Lord have mercy thanks for that laugh
Old 04-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Flags, your threads are coming off as spam, I know you are trying to get started with YouTube and hunting but please don't push so hard on sites like these. Also for your videos, get organized, get informed, and get ready. When you want to make a video to discuss a topic, organize your thoughts on paper first, what subjects you plan to cover and try to cover a wide range so it leaves the least amount questions as possible. Also do not talk about things you cannot demonstrate yourself, like the knife. Having a knife is vital to being outdoors and is an essential tool. Holding up a box cutter as a substitute doesn't cut it. Knives come in many different sizes and shapes that each has an intended purpose or field they excel at and other areas they just are not efficient. This is also where being informed will help, you will know what type of knives are better suited for what.

If you where organized and making a deer hunting basics video, you would actually probably have a list alot different then the one you listed. Like -

1. Water
2. Knife
3. Compass/ GPS
4. Rope (I carry some 550 cord)
5. Pill bottle (suitable fire starting things inside)
6. Any meds you may require ( I know guys that have had heart attacks and for some reason when they go hunting they never take their pills or anything with them)
7. A snack (granola bar)

Your list can range from there and may depend on where you live in the country, where you hunt (Private land, public, out of state, backyard) and what time of year.

In the end, get informed, get organized and hope to see improved shows along the way.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:06 PM
Spike

Thank you for the advice and I agree with what you are saying. I will definitely take your advice into consideration and I appreciate you acting like a adult unlike super_hunt54 who sounds like an 11 year old girl himself (if he even is a guy) but I appreciate what you are saying and 100% agree. My hunting situations and location are different and I should of said in my video this is for my area and location and my house is not far from my stand and I do not really need all of the "basics" I apologize because of my wording and what I said and I should have stated that in my video.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
LMAO. Flags, you should watch that vid. His beliefs on "Basic Needs" are pretty sad to say the least. You should watch it if for nothing more than a good laugh. An SD card for basic needs? Young man, before you try to teach something, you should really LEARN about that subject! You have absolutely NO clue whatsoever about what you are talking about. My 11 year old daughter knows more about woodsmanship and hunting than you. But of course she has been raised like I was, in the woods as soon as she had the walking thing down pat so she probably has much more experience than you. LMAO@ SD cards and card readers being put in as "basic needs" Lord have mercy thanks for that laugh
I loath to discourage anybody in any endeavor. Most anything beats sitting in front of the XBox 24/7 and smoking dope. At least he is doing something constructive, flexing his wings a little.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Spike

Thank you I appreciate that. I'm 17 and hunting is a passion of mine and I admit I'm not perfect and don't know everything about the sport yet but I have my whole life ahead of me to learn. I would rather be hunting then wasting my time with Xbox and everything else. Thank you
Old 04-05-2015, 03:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I understand you are young, and maybe one day you will have the knowlege to produce hunting info video clips. However, right now you do not have the knowlege, and pushing hard to get people to watch your video under the pretext that it is informative and will give them the basic tools they need to go hunting when most here are way more experienced than you kinda rubs people the wrong way.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 04-05-2015 at 03:56 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:42 AM
Spike

Honestly I have a good idea about hunting and have a lot of info and knowledge that I do know. Again if you read my comment above it was for my area of hunting. I have produced hunting films of racks that I have killed just so you know so you don't think I'm totally dumb and don't know what I'm doing. Again, thank you for your opinion
Old 04-05-2015, 10:16 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

I will give you one thing. You have guts. To come on this forum and tell these guys that have hunted for 2X or 3X the number of years you have been alive that you can teach them more about hunting takes a bit!

One thing is for sure, you will succeed at something, be this hunting info you are setting up or something else. Not too many people your age have that much determination. Many these days are content to sit on a couch and play video games every spare moment they have until they are 45 or so. My 15-yr old daughter is kind of like you - already has her own art business.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Spike

Thank you I appricate that. I hate being lazy. Laziness leads to nothing and yes I have a lot of guts coming on here but if you don't you don't learn anything with hunting or the way people do things. But thank you I appricate it.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by outdoor lifestyle
Thank you for the advice and I agree with what you are saying. I will definitely take your advice into consideration and I appreciate you acting like a adult unlike super_hunt54 who sounds like an 11 year old girl himself (if he even is a guy) but I appreciate what you are saying and 100% agree. My hunting situations and location are different and I should of said in my video this is for my area and location and my house is not far from my stand and I do not really need all of the "basics" I apologize because of my wording and what I said and I should have stated that in my video.
Yes young man I am male and I have 4 children OLDER than you and one "surprise" younger. My oldest daughter is a huntress to be reckoned with to say the least. She sat her rifle down long ago because, in her words, "it's too damn easy paps" so she pretty much always Bow hunts. With a side of Muzzle Loader or Handgun just to goof off. At 28 years of age she has 5 B&C whitetails and 2 B&C Elk to her book.Not to mention the MANY other Deer and Elk she has taken in her hunting career. So yes I would imagine, since I am the only person to have instructed her in woodsmanship, I would have a little bit of knowledge in the area! Not even going to TRY to figure out how many animals I have hunted/taken in my well over 40 years in the North American Continental woods!

While yes I do commend you on at least DOING something other than sitting on your butt like most kids your age nowadays, what irks me to no end is someone "pushing" their videos or books off on people saying "it's instructional" when in actuality it is anything BUT instructional! I know you want to sell those Broadheads and that's all well and fine, but please stop trying to say you have all this knowledge when it is CLEARLY evident you don't.

Call me rude, crude, belligerent, cantankerous, whatever. I'm just saying the same thing most in here would say to you, just plainer and not sugar coated. I want you to LEARN. My kids did and still do and if those hard heads can learn, ANYONE can!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.