Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

When the season is over:(

Old 02-27-2015, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

I like to fish, turkey hunt, crop damage permits for deer, hiking, camping, anything outside.
-Jake
Old 02-27-2015, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
Fun stuff!! Where you doing this beach fishing?

I cant say that I don't miss the beach at times but lake fishing here in TN. definitely has filled the void!
avon on the OBX
RR
Old 02-27-2015, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
avon on the OBX
RR
You pass me on the way...I live near Kitty Hawk.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
You pass me on the way...I live near Kitty Hawk.
last week of june every year watch for a blue Honda pilot pulling a trailer of fishing gear.
RR
Old 02-28-2015, 01:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Coyotes, keep me busy but most of my friends are busy (to cold for them) they say to go. I go alone but isn't the same. been doing a lot of crow shooting but the season closes soon on them.
I like to do all my reloading in the rottenest windy cold winter days. Also use those days to melt down the wax and mold for sale since the wood furnace is running hot.
Turkey is a short session that goes quick.
Lots of summer fishing. I like beaver ponds back deep in the woods.

Al
Old 02-28-2015, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I like to fish, turkey hunt, crop damage permits for deer, hiking, camping, anything outside.
-Jake
Yep me too, the "outdoor addiction" started at an early age for me!
Old 02-28-2015, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
Yep me too, the "outdoor addiction" started at an early age for me!
same here, my father was career navy, no Gameboys, no internet and all that, you couldn't bond real close with friends cause you were leaving in a year, so I got into the outdoors, since dad was navy we were always close to the ocean, so fishing was a big deal. when dad retired I was whisked off the beach at south padre island in corpus Christie texas, and moved to wv, was 27 years till I saw the ocean again, and it all came back to me, now I make at least one trip to the ocean a year, 2 if the economy is good. would move to the ocean in a heartbeat if the mrs would.
RR
Old 02-28-2015, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

When the Deer Season is over I kick into Coyote/Predator mode and do a lot of Hunting & Scouting for Coyotes and some Bobcat and Fox Hunting while Furbearer Season is on also.In late Feb and March My eyes are on the ground looking for Buck Sheds while traveling the woods to set up for Coyote Hunting,in the Spring it's time to plant food plots and get ready for Spring Turkey and onto more Coyote Hunting thru the Summer months!
Old 02-28-2015, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL!!,...RR I guess I'm little older than you. There was no Gameboys and Al Gore didn't invent the internet yet (sarcasm intended) Both my parents were pretty dedicated surfcasters so I was on the beach since I was 2 years old.
In 1969 my dad bought our 1st boat,a 17' Glasspar,we did all our fishing in the Long Island Sound. Seen some banner days of stripedbass and weakfish fishing.
As a family we did quite a bit of tent camping on L.I. and in upstate N.Y.
As you already know..., not a bad way to grow up.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went to check a property today and there were yotes running everywhere so it looks like that will be going on the list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.