Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

When the season is over:(

Old 02-26-2015, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default When the season is over:(

So what do y'all do when it's done?
How many of you spring hunt? And for what? Turkey, Bear?

Me and my wife do a lot of fishing. Generally start by April 1st and fish right up until the rifle season opens, about the 3rd week in November.

Bought a camper last month so that'll keep us occupied too. Might even use it during hunting season, I'm looking into a lease that has camping on the property.

So let's here about your other sports,hobbies or addictions (legal ones of course)
Old 02-26-2015, 09:27 AM
Spike

Well that gets me a little, there is always something
You can hunt. If you are a diehard hunter. Woodchucks
Crows etc. Its like the people on TV. Make a big deal out
Of opening day of the rifle season until it close's. They think that
Is all there is too gun/ hunting season.
I start striper fishing in April then Turkey hunt then open
Up camp on lake Champlain. Till bow season.
And hopefully due a lot of. shooting on the range.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

We keep getting snow on top of snow and the lakes are frozen.

Normally I'd be shed hunting right now and crappie fishing on nicer days. I ice fish usually but haven't this year.

Not terrible to have a break though. Before I know it, it will be camping season, mushroom season, turkey season, and the crappie will be spawning all at once and I'll be running around like a chicken with my head cut off.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:25 AM
Typical Buck

Shed hunt and predator hunt until spring turkey season. Then turkey hunt and bass fish. Then it moves into just fishing til August and then big game hunting starts again.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

shark fishing! that's the big one now
RR
Old 02-26-2015, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
shark fishing! that's the big one now
RR
RR, did a bit of that when I lived on L.I. Never was fortunate enough to catch a mako thou, pleeeeeeeenty of blue sharks.

If ya want to kick it up a notch try da tuna!!! Fight like all get out and very good eatin.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
RR, did a bit of that when I lived on L.I. Never was fortunate enough to catch a mako thou, pleeeeeeeenty of blue sharks.

If ya want to kick it up a notch try da tuna!!! Fight like all get out and very good eatin.
did that, yep they are good, but nothing you can catch from the beach pulls like a shark except a huge ray
RR
Old 02-26-2015, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
did that, yep they are good, but nothing you can catch from the beach pulls like a shark except a huge ray
RR
Oh yeah from the beach is an altogether different game. My last 12 years of fishing on L.I. was from the beach.
We mainly targeted stripedbass and bluefish.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
Oh yeah from the beach is an altogether different game. My last 12 years of fishing on L.I. was from the beach.
We mainly targeted stripedbass and bluefish.
caught a 5 1/2' ray year before last, one of the worst @$$ whoopins I took in my life, worth every second. was a beach wedding going on when I dragged it on the sand, the whole wedding party including the bride came to see it. caught it on a 12' 15/50# rod and a lever drag that made 36# of drag, was all I wanted.
RR
Old 02-27-2015, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fun stuff!! Where you doing this beach fishing?

I cant say that I don't miss the beach at times but lake fishing here in TN. definitely has filled the void!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.