Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Hunting Eastern Wyoming Antelope & Muley's >

Hunting Eastern Wyoming Antelope & Muley's

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Eastern Wyoming Antelope & Muley's

Old 02-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Spike

Default Hunting Eastern Wyoming Antelope & Muley's

I am trying to organize a combo Muley/Antelope Hunt in NE Wyoming for this fall. Finding out it's not as easy as in the 90's. I was hoping to get permission with a trespass fee from a rancher and hunt on my own. It appears that you no longer can camp on a ranch and hunt where you want to either on the ranch or BLM land. I am looking for some advice from somebody that knows the ropes in Wyoming. At present I have been researching Campbell and Converse County. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

A lot of ranches are either leased by outfitters that you have to go through and you won't be hunting DIY or the ranches have people that hunt them every year if they're in an area with a lot of private land and don't require PPs to draw the tags. NE Wyoming is probably not going to work out due to the late season for deer in November if you want to do a combo hunt. You can camp on any BLM land, but not on state land. If you don't have any PPs to draw a tag in an area with a decent amount of accessible public land it's getting harder and harder to find a place to hunt.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:37 AM
Spike

Wyoming doesn't allow camping on state land?!
Old 02-25-2015, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fzntundra
It appears that you no longer can camp on a ranch and hunt where you want to either on the ranch or BLM land.
A privately owned ranch may not let you camp but BLM is public land and I guarantee you that it is legal to camp on it. Someone has given you some bad info.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by archeryelk1
Wyoming doesn't allow camping on state land?!
That is correct and they also don't allow any fires on state land! Been hunting out there most every year since the 90s!
Old 02-26-2015, 08:58 AM
Spike

What a terrible right to lose. Do you know the story of how that came about? I would imagine it's the age old story of a few idiots ruining it for everyone...but still can't see how they managed to pass a law keeping the public from camping on State land!