Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What happened to Spike tv...

Old 10-12-2003, 12:53 PM

Default What happened to Spike tv...

Has anyone ever wondered what happened to spike tv....I have been an avid watcher of all the hunting shows and ever since they changed their name they only have 2 hunting shows on....Last year they had 4 hunting shows and this year they only have 2 shows... WHAT HAPPENED ????? I think that we should send thousands of emails to them to let them know that WE want more hunting shows...What do you think?????

They use to play::::
Bushnells Secrets of the hunt
Buckmasters
Realtree Outdoors
And one more that Slips my mind...

They also had on a show that was called American shooter... { It also is not in this years lineup} I use to enjoy Sunday morning waking up and watching 2 hours of hunting shows and then 1 hour of shooting and gun shows then on with the rest of the day.. NOW it is 1 hour of hunting shows and then MOTOR shows { HOW BORING}....[:-][:-][:-] WHAT DO YOU THINK ?????[:-][:-][:-]

HAPPY HUNTING & GOOD LUCK
Old 10-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What happened to Spike tv...

we already sent them messages telling them what we want...when they changed they had a place on their site for suggestions on what guys want to see....it was posted here and lot of us went there.....american shooter is now on outdoor life network...i get to watch quite a few hunting shows....but the outdoor channel is the channel i want...they wont let me order it seperatly though..and its like 20 more bucks a month for the next digital package...not worth it for 1 channel.....and im barely home...so i dont care....i see enough on spike espn2 and oln.....american shooter been off tnn for a long time...when i got oln i was glad to see it.....i like that show....
Old 10-12-2003, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

OLN stinks...I' d say 90% or more of the hunting shows on OLN are re-runs[X(]
Old 10-12-2003, 02:13 PM

Spike TV " The first network for men" ... what a joke. Yeah I guess if you' re 18-25, single and still laugh like Beavis and Butthead when you catch a glimpse of a woman' s boob, then it IS " your network" . Were it not for their ratings from WWE " Raw" , this botched up station would be history! They took a great channel (The Nashville Network) and screwed it up when they became " The National Network" and now " Spike" . It' s an AWFUL attempt by someone to court generation X' ers and Y' ers (I know CBS bought TNN originally from Gaylord Ent a few years before the " National Network" switch and assume they still own it but am not 100% sure). As a side note, does anyone watch the Turner South Network it is a great lil' channel that has much of the old Nashville Network " feel" too it. They have a GREAT show (want to say its named " On the Menu" ) that is a combo cooking/hunting-fishing show. Half the show features the hunting/fishing trip to get the game and the last half of the show features a professional chef cooking it up like you would not believe. A GREAT and new concept.

The Outdoor Channel is growing almost daily with ratings and initially they contracted with Mossy Oak, Realtree and many other " TNN shows" to pick up their re-runs and syndicated shows. Now many of the " big" outdoor shows are contemplating and some actually planning on going to TOC fulltime. I seriously doubt that you will see ANY outdoor shows on " Spike" in another season or two. ESPN, TOC and regional channels like CSS and the regional FOX satellites will eventually end up with the ONLY hunting and fishing shows. And based on their treatment by clowns like " Spike" I can' t see where that is' nt a bad idea.

Remember all the good racing and gearhead shows that the original TNN used to be involved in (remember Diamond P Motorsports?)? I bet even most of those will end up on either Fox, ESPN or The Speed Channel.

Now on to the more important question... What ever happend to " Fish On" ?
RA
Old 10-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Spike stinks,but it aint as bad that channel that has all them gay shows. I was surfing the channesl and came upon a program called something like guys looking for *****s. It was like a dating show.Maybe it was the Bravo channel.Cant remember what it is though.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Cardeer ,
it was Bravo , and the show was Boy meets Boy . Yes , it is a gay blind date type of show . This is the same channel that gave us ***** eye for the straight guy . Will it ever end ? [:@]
Old 10-13-2003, 02:34 PM

Spike = Blind Date or RealTV. What a joke.

Get The Outdoor Channel. If you can live with or ge thru the fishing shows (they boor the hell out of me) and the gold prospecting shows it is great.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:48 PM

In my opinion most of those shows are full of crap, not all, but most. I watched one once, the lady took a shoot and you could clearly see the bullet hit the deer in the arse. When they show the deer it is a different one (less points) and it has a heart shoot[][:@]. I saw another one where this guy was basically using his loaded M.L. for a chin rest barrel pointing up. Why is it they always get trophy deer, what about real hunting in real country?
Old 10-13-2003, 02:50 PM

I was told last summer by David Blanton of realtree that this would be the last year for hunting type shows on TNN and they were negotiating with ESPN and thought that most of the hunting shows would be on ESPN II next year.