Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Hunt That Changed My Life

Old 02-14-2015, 08:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

It wasn't you causing an uproar, i was people who wanted a contraversy even after a clarification was made
Old 02-14-2015, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Outdoor Addiction
Never intended on my post causing such an uproar... Just kinda wanted to share how I got started. lol
don't worry about the haters, there are a couple on every internet forum that feel everyone is doing something illegal, or unethical and feel they have to interrogate new posters, then state they don't mean anything by it. they never offer up hunting stories but relish in picking everyone else's to pieces.
most of us know that hunter's safety is offered in most high schools during the sofmore year so its a given that folks have the card, especialy young folks. most states let landowners, landowners children, landowners resident tenants hunt/fish on that land without purchasing a lic. and you only need the card for the mostly first time purchase of a hunting lic.
congrats on becoming a hunter.
RR
Old 02-14-2015, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
It wasn't you causing an uproar, i was people who wanted a contraversy even after a clarification was made
Yep, as can be seen by another pot stirrer that just made a post expressly for that and for no other reason! Pot meet Kettle!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 02-14-2015 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-14-2015, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
most states let landowners, landowners children, landowners resident tenants hunt/fish on that land without purchasing a lic. and you only need the card for the mostly first time purchase of a hunting lic.

RR
BINGO!!!!!! We have a winner!........ Some are QUICK to assume.

Outdoor Addiction.......stick around you'll figure out who's gonna give you factual info in a very short time. There are still some guys left on here that you can learn from. At least I've learned from them.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

[QUOTE=jerry d;4184937]BINGO!!!!!! We have a winner!........ Some are QUICK to assume.

Duh! I think it was cleared up way back in post #17 and if any posts have been made to stir the pot and create ill will it can certainly be seen by who's doing it after this thread was cleared up many posts ago by deerdust, our Super Moderator, who I hope is watching this thread for the actual pot stirrers, LOL!! Also, MOST states DO NOT allow what has been mentioned and MOST states don't have Hunter's Ed in schools as mentioned in post #22, although a few may.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 02-14-2015 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope he is too topgun...you and I have been to this rodeo before and I can assure you my opinion of you hasn't changed.......just wanted to clarify that!
Old 02-14-2015, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

hope dave is watching, nothing in my post except the truth.
RR
Old 02-14-2015, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

5 minute google results

35 states have free online hunter's safety courses
these states offer it in high school (I'm sure there are more, like I said, 5 minutes)
pa, in, ms, nc, ar, ms, nh, ar, md,wv, va
these states allow landowners, children, and tenants, and active military to hunt with no lic.
oh, wv, pa,va,in, mo, md, ks, wa, ne
betcha I can find a lot more within an hour
RR
Old 02-14-2015, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heres a few more: TN,OK,AL,KY that took all of 30 seconds.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know jerry, I'm gonna guess and say over 50% of the states will allow landowner hunting, may look it up since TG hadta send another PM telling me the same ole stuff he comes up with. think I need to get a hold of a mod.
RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.