HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   The Hunt That Changed My Life (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/397601-hunt-changed-my-life.html)

Oldtimr 02-13-2015 10:40 AM

Who does, or better, who should? Someone who says he never hunted before and had no interest, sometime between the begining of the story and a friend grabbed me and told me I am going to go hunting and he took me out and put me in a stand and told me if I see a deer kill it and I did.

Bbj270 02-13-2015 11:27 AM

He was trying to tell a story about how he got hooked into hunting and you are putting him down.

Bocajnala 02-13-2015 12:23 PM

Welcome to the forum! He cleared it up folks, so lay off. Everyone chases new members away and that's why these forums are DYING. Don't believe me? Just check the turn out for this past years firearms deer contest. Again, welcome to the forum! Stick around, there is tons of good information here.
-Jake

Oldtimr 02-13-2015 12:32 PM

Nobody put him down, the OP understands why I asked the question and so would anyone else who thought about it. There was at least one other member who did. Asking a question is not putting anyone down.

Topgun 3006 02-13-2015 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by jerry d (Post 4184827)
Who does? LOL! I don't buy a license so I couldn't start my story that way if I wanted to!

I would explain that comment before somebody accuses you of being a poacher! You either have a lifetime license somewhere such that you don't have to buy a yearly license or you don't hunt any more!

I also thought deerdust, our Super Moderator, covered things pretty well in post #9 that nobody was running anyone off the site and things seem just fine with the OP! I also don't see where deer contest entrants have anything to do with members posting on the Forums and I sure don't see where this site is dying, as there are plenty of posts every day to keep me busy reading and/or responding. I, myself, am not one that cares to see contests of any sort when it involves killing animals and will not enter any. I guess it's one of those deals where people can go with whatever floats their boat!

jerry d 02-13-2015 04:03 PM

I'm within the legal limits of the law,no explaination necessary, especially to anyone on the internet!

Topgun 3006 02-13-2015 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by jerry d (Post 4184867)
I'm within the legal limits of the law,no explaination necessary, especially to anyone on the internet!

Whatever, as the kids say, and I would certainly hope so, but that comment "out on the internet" with no explanation certainly leaves a lot more up in the air than the OP story when you make posts like that! IMHO it just leaves a poor impression for anyone that would visit this thread and read your posts, but that's just me and maybe no one else could give a rip! The only exemption that I can think of would be that some jurisdictions like PA allow a person to hunt on their own property without a license, but at minimum most require the person to have had and passed a Hunter's Ed Course. If a person qualifies under that clause, it would be for just one area and not all over the country though.

Bbj270 02-14-2015 05:06 AM

Yes people are running others of with their rude post. Their seems to be a couple that just likes it their way or the high way.

Topgun 3006 02-14-2015 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bbj270 (Post 4184909)
Yes people are running others of with their rude post. Their seems to be a couple that just likes it their way or the high way.

Maybe you should stop and think before you post because the only two rude posts I see on this particular thread are from you after everything was explained and rectified, including comments by a Super Moderator that I felt were right on the money. Posts such as this one that you made after the thread was moving along fine are really only good for one thing and that is to get a fight started and nothing more! What good is that doing for a website? You also really have no idea that anyone is running away from this site and even if some are why that may be. Maybe they came on to get certain information, got it or didn't get it, and just moved on. Let's all just get along and have fun on the site, as there is too much strife in this world as it is to get into petty arguments that no side will win.

Outdoor Addiction 02-14-2015 08:41 AM

Never intended on my post causing such an uproar... Just kinda wanted to share how I got started. lol