Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Multi Sportsman

Old 02-18-2015, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

I do everything I can. Love the outdoors. I currently waterfowl and upland bird hunt, turkey hunt in the spring.I bow hunt in Iowa. I also hunt late muzzleloader. I bowfish. I bass fish. This year I'm taking two trips. One to Arkansas for hog hunting, the other to Oregon for black bear and mountain lion. Currently in the market for a coyote gun also.

Can't forget trapping either
Old 02-18-2015, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

In fall I deer hunt and crappie fish and occasionally take some small game

I have a 2007 bowtech equalizer , shoot victory v-force arrows with NAP nightmare broadheads that I bought a bunch of on ebay when they changed the name to NAP razors, 14 ladder stands, probably $500 worth of clothes,packs,calls,boots etc. I use a savage 220f with a Burris scope for gun season and a decent 500cc 4x4 arctic cat four wheeler. Then I have a decent little v bottom boat with a floor, 2 seats,live well,motor,trolling motor, and depth finder for crappie fishing.

In the winter I still deer hunt and I set a few traps, ice fish if possible, hunt yotes a little, and shed hunt. Most of this will be done with the same equipment plus a Remington 700 .223 and Burris scope and a few cheap ice fishing rods. , a ruger .22 pistol, and a foxpro predator call.

In the Spring I mushroom hunt, crappie and catfish, and we camp on a lake. I have a decent simple 29 foot camper, the same boat already mentioned, a golf cart and a pile of misc fishing gear. I have 1 St. Croix crappie rod and a BnM crappie rod that I use most of the time with UL pflueger president reels and ugly stick catfish rods with pflueger president reels.

In the summer I do the same as spring minus mushroom hunting and add some trout fishing and frog gigging which includes a fly rod,flies(I tie my own) and a lot of the same equipment I use for crappie, a few frog gigs and a couple nice head lamps.

About every other year or so we get a group together and go on various outdoor trips (usually fishing) I have several Berkley lightning rods of various sizes to cover whatever were after and they also have pflueger president reels on them, then I have a Savage .308 with a burris scope to cover any kind of hunting trip.

I also have quite a bit of camera equipment.

I think that is about all but I'm sure I forgot some things.

Next year we are supposed to get a bobcat season so that will definitely be added.

Last edited by rockport; 02-18-2015 at 01:25 PM.