Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any idea on age here?

Old 02-07-2015, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks like a good spot! First one looks like a 2.5 yr old...nice future buck...or good freezer filler..
Old 02-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
looks like a good spot! First one looks like a 2.5 yr old...nice future buck...or good freezer filler..
took a 8 and a 10 in this same field last season. Must have been a dozen different bucks in the span of 10 days on the camera. Sometimes 5 in one frame. Needless to say theres a stand over looking that camera as of yesterday. There already was a stand over looking this field but its about 315 to this spot and Im just not comfortable shooting that distance. I mean why take a bad shot when you can just plop another stand 50 yards away. Also going to plant a foodplot in that corner of the field come April.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by X_Rayted35
took a 8 and a 10 in this same field last season. Must have been a dozen different bucks in the span of 10 days on the camera. Sometimes 5 in one frame. Needless to say theres a stand over looking that camera as of yesterday. There already was a stand over looking this field but its about 315 to this spot and Im just not comfortable shooting that distance. I mean why take a bad shot when you can just plop another stand 50 yards away. Also going to plant a foodplot in that corner of the field come April.
Heck ya sounds like you got a good deal going. 50yds is nice for muzzle loader shots...sure you can go out to 150 easy but I like the knockdown power a muzzleloader has. If you are in to bow hunting try getting them in closer!

This winter has been very mild here and I want to throw some grass seed out but I dont want to have something start growing then a late frost take it out.