Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
State Hunting Licenses Question >

State Hunting Licenses Question

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

State Hunting Licenses Question

Old 01-19-2015, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

Man Missouri is the place you need to be. Our Whitetail population is flourishing, and We've got some of the best Turkey Hunting in the Country. Resident Tag fees are below.

Firearms Any-Deer: $17.00 - This is our Buck tag. We are allowed 1.

Firearms Antlerless Deer: $7.00 - This is our Doe tag. It differs by County how many you are allowed. In my County, we are allowed 2.

Archers Hunting Permit: $19.00 - This is for 2 Deer & 2 Turkeys. A Buck & a Doe. And Either-Sex Turkeys.

Fall Firearms Turkey: $13.00 - This is for 2 Either-Sex Turkeys.

Spring Firearms Turkey: $17.00 - This is for 2 Tom Turkeys.

Small Game Permit: $10.00 - This covers Squirrel, Rabbit, Etc...

Resident Landowner are Free. And Youth are half price.

If you are looking for a place to move, Missouri is a great choice. The Ozarks are absolutely Beautiful! But theres also plenty of Farmland & Flat-Timber down South if thats your thing.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here'a link to Kansas. http://kdwpt.state.ks.us/Hunting/Applications-and-Fees

Scroll down to get to links to species. We have whitetails and turkeys over the counter. Antelope and I believe mulies get into drawings for tags, at least for rifle. Archery might be over the counter. There are elk, but it's one in a million for a handful of permits around Ft. Riley. Theoretically, you can buy an elk tag for the statewide, but the chances of encountering one are very, very low.

Here's the general scoop on Whitetail deer: Roughly $20 for a resident general license, $35 for the either sex whitetail tag useable for any equipment, and $17.50 for a doe tag (different numbers of doe tags available depending in unit).

http://kdwpt.state.ks.us/Hunting/Applications-and-Fees
Old 01-25-2015, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the replies everybody. It'll bea few years at least before we move anywhere and I'm liking a few different states. Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, all have numerous big game opportunities it seems.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

As,said,Idaho,hands down. Now,if only I could convince my wife...........