HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Was your season a success? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/396981-your-season-success.html)

Father Forkhorn 01-10-2015 07:34 PM

Was your season a success?

We're winding down, so i thought I'd ask.

I'll let you define successful however you want.

Mine was successful. A four pointer and without much time to hunt, it was just good to get a deer. Several nice days just "out in the woods."

Ridge Runner 01-10-2015 08:34 PM

yep, was better than workin, took a 6 and an 8 and 2 does, nothing spectacular but was a good time.
got to relate with other seasoned veterans and some new to the sport was a good time.
RR

daveco 01-11-2015 01:31 AM

I deer hunted this year, more days than I have in quite some time. I married for the first time five years ago, at age 52. I went from well-to-do bachelor to poor grandfather, almost overnight. I purchased some property closer to home (prior to marrying I would drive 6.5 hrs to hunt) this year, and so I could hunt and be home at night. I got to hunt with my stepson, future son-in-law, and stepdaughter. Learning about the deer and the property itself has also been fun. Now I have to fertilize plots and put in a new one by turkey season.

alleyyooper 01-11-2015 02:22 AM

Was one of my better seasons and finally got a deer (buck) with my muzzle loader after fooling around with one for over 40 years.

Dropped so close to the house I used the flood lights to field dress it.

:D Al

flags 01-11-2015 05:02 AM

My freezer is full. A big pronghorn buck and a nice fat doe will feed me and Mama for the year.

jerry d 01-11-2015 05:34 AM

For me every season is successful, whether I kill something or not. I just enjoy being in the woods hunting whitetail.
This year was a little different for me. Season opened 11/22 (rifle) and I got sick 2 weeks after the opener and really didn't recoop till new years. Season closed 1/4.So I lost most of the season!
I passed on a spike thanksgiving weekend. I was hunting a decent 8 that I scouted out before the season opened.Saw him twice but I could get a shot at him.
Better luck next year......I hope!

turke7 01-11-2015 05:57 AM

I'd say it was successful. I shot a really nice 10 point white tail with my bow and shot a good amount of waterfowl. The turkey's put the slip on me but I'll be after them again during the spring season.

redgreen 01-11-2015 08:21 AM

5X5 mule buck.

cammogunner 01-11-2015 03:40 PM

Well in a manner of speaking.I did shoot a doe in bow season but alas she got away when I tracked her(or attempted to) the rest of the year was fun but not so fruitful but it's only my 3 season deer hunting

VTBoneCollector 01-11-2015 04:33 PM

I had a good bow season but it didn't end with a kill. I saw 7 different bucks while hunting and had 2 close encounters with 2 really nice 8 pointers. I shot at the smaller of the 2 but he ducked my arrow and I grazed the top of his back. At least I have a couple of his back hairs to prove it happened. None the less, it's always fun to sit in a tree stand and watch the wildlife. I've learned, that as I get older, I don't have to kill something to make it worth while. Just being out in the woods is good enough for me.