Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Completely Befuddled

Old 01-02-2015, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by kidoggy
who knows? maybe a tree branch fell on his head in a windstorm
D - All of the above ....................LOL !!!
Old 01-05-2015, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

have seen somehting similar. here is a picture of one we've had around for a while. Its entire head is covered in antler. I have other pics that show it better that i will have to dig up. no idea what is wrong with the deer, but it's had a similar rack every year and never loses its velvet.
Attached Thumbnails Completely Befuddled-t-50-.jpg   Completely Befuddled-131.jpg  

Last edited by woodenb14; 01-05-2015 at 08:05 AM. Reason: attach another picture
Old 01-06-2015, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by woodenb14
have seen somehting similar. here is a picture of one we've had around for a while. Its entire head is covered in antler. I have other pics that show it better that i will have to dig up. no idea what is wrong with the deer, but it's had a similar rack every year and never loses its velvet.
I'd guess castrate with this one as well. Have you noticed if he hangs with a Doe group, or with Bucks?

ATB
Old 01-06-2015, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now that one I would guess doesn't have testicles.......the other one I think probably does.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am also thinking that he had an injury while in velvet. Next years antler growth will probably be normal.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

could be a really old buck on his way down... although not sure he looks that old...
Old 01-12-2015, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Could be a doe, I shot an antlered doe this year. She had twins and one antler...
Old 01-13-2015, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
Could be a doe, I shot an antlered doe this year. She had twins and one antler...
There is that possibility.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/oh-deer-...?mod=yahoo_itp

Last edited by Mickey Finn; 01-13-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:01 PM
Spike

Can you see if it has Tarsal glands? If not its a duck.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn
freaky.get that thing out of the gene pool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.