Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Gimmick or actually works?

Old 01-03-2015, 06:55 PM
Spike

Been mentioned by a few people; but I will concur that a white gas Coleman lantern and hydrogen peroxide work wonders for finding a blood trail in the dark. I placed a piece of aluminum foil on the inside of the globe to act as a reflector so there is more light forward and no glare. Has worked very well on several occasions for me.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:12 AM
Fork Horn

Guys,

I use a bright-white LED flashlight to track after dark. Keep it in my shooting box if I'm hunting a stand - Fits well in my pocket if I'm stalking. Mostly its helping track one of my hunting partners deer!!!

I'll avoid the situation entirely when gun hunting (I know its not a possibility when bow hunting) but I take a high shoulder in the evening so as not to have to track my deer after dark. That shot will put the biggest deer down DRT.

Yes, you'll lose part of that off-shoulder meat. However, you get both hind quarters, backstraps, and most of the close shoulder meat without ever having to track'em after dark.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default light

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Very huge fact!!!! That and baking soda.

And ground charcoal powder.