Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Change food source location

Old 12-22-2014, 11:09 PM
Spike

Default Change food source location

Was wondering if I should change where I have been laying corn for the past 2 months? First off new to hunting and would consider this my first season on my own. Ive been laying corn in the same spot and have had a steady source of photos on camera. After doing some reading I realized I'm making a mistake by hunting the same spot over and over like I have been. Got a doe the second time in the stand from that spot and figured I would see something else. From reading it seems like you don't want to hunt a spot to often. Plan to go hunting this Christmas but as I change my spot should I pick a new spot to lay the corn or keep it at the same spot? Going to try to get in between their bedding and where I've been laying corn.

Another reason for changing the spot is the fact that I don't have a single picture of deer during shooting hrs.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Go scout and find places the deer are using to feed and travel, find a funnel and do not depend on bait.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Go scout and find places the deer are using to feed and travel, find a funnel and do not depend on bait.
Here in FLORIDA I don't get it when it comes to baiting. Other states it's illegal to bait and friends in Indiana pass on bucks just to get the big one. In Florida we are lucky to see 8 points but yet we don't have a tag limit and can shoot two a day throughout the entire season. In my club the 36 members we have on 3600 acres all use corn and some go through as much as 5 50lb bags.

As far as using the corn, I'm just going to keep laying corn in the same spot and put a camera over by another trail and corn up there as well.