Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Disapointed in the Iowa Fish and Game Dept. >

Disapointed in the Iowa Fish and Game Dept.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Disapointed in the Iowa Fish and Game Dept.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I live in Illinois but apply for big game tags in about ten western states. The majority of them have provisions to at least get your bonus points back. You can turn back in a Colorado tag for any reason, medical or otherwise. Utah I know gives both your points back and the full dollar amount of the tag. Montana also returns your money on a tiered basis.

I was almost in your same boat this year. But failed to draw my Oregon Mt. Emily bull tag thank god. I waited 17 years for it. I ended up having a major 230 bpm atrial flutter that required an ablation surgery. Plus an unrelated brutal pinched nerve that disabled my right arm for 3 months. Oregon is one state that does not reinstate points so I'd have lost 17 years of fees and patience. This incident occurred the last week of August! Thank god it was a rare year with no tag so I was just going to pick up a Colorado OTC elk tag upon arrival. So I lost no money.

Now if yer Bill Jordan or Catfish it's all good........no problem. You can get an Iowa tag every year! I like Iowa's nonresident policy but the perks and public land parking lot camping they can shove.

Last edited by Zim; 12-10-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:00 AM
Fork Horn

Ah, if only they would refund the money on all my unfilled tags........
I'm an Iowa resident, so i don't know what the rules are for nonresident tags. Is it a lottery system to get one, or do you just need to pay the money and get one automatically?