Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

10 Point Down

Old 12-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Spike

Default 10 Point Down

I was blessed to be able to harvest my first larger Kansas whitetail from a property I have been hunting for a few years. Have seen many large deer from pictures taken but have not been in the right place to get a shot at one.

Last Saturday morning that changed. Shortly after shooting light a nice buck appeared. Did not know how large due to slight fog in the area. Was able to get my hands on him about an hour later to find he was bigger than I thought. Originally thought he was an 8 point.

The best part, the processor called and the meat will be ready to be picked up tomorrow. Can't wait for some grilled backstrap.
Attached Thumbnails 10 Point Down-10-point-2014-kansas.jpg  
Old 12-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Spike

Nice buck! I also was in the right place at the right time on Saturday. It was dense fog most of morning. It cleared at noon thirty,just enough to an 8 pointer come out with 7 doe/ fawns. After I shot the buck, the fog rolled back in.
Attached Thumbnails 10 Point Down-img_20141206_151920.jpg  
Old 12-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

Nice bucks, guys! Congrats!